Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tdw-1 expansion insert tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdw-1 expansion insert tool

I just picked up the TDW-1 and realized I don't have the the installation tool to install it into the TD-10. I never saw it, but I probably accidently left it inside the box when I threw it in the trash.

Is there a way to secure the chip to the TD-10? I thought it looked kinda precarious after I mounted it, then I saw in the manual the mention of the tool. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gremz
    Gremz

vPro/TD-10/TDW-1/KD-7/+xtra PD-7
    Mac G4 400/Digi001/PT LE 5.2.1/JV-1080/++

got it!

Thanks, Feef -

Right after I made my post, I took it apart and pulled out my leatherman multitool and figured it out. I tried to delete my post but didn't see the option available.

I do have a question tho, I was under the assumption that the TDW-1 would "add" 50 more kits to the TD-10. It seems to have replaced the previous ones instead.

I am assuming the only way I can get the original 50 back is if I take out the chip and do a factory reset, then save the kits to a memory card, then reinsert the chip and the memory card to access the old kits.

The new chip sounds great, just took it for a spin!

Gremz
    Gremz

Comment

No flame intended here. Just curious. (I'm really the shy, non-confrontational type.) Did you throw away the manual with the box?

-------

(I ask because you can download one in PDF format.)
      Last edited by Boingo; 09-14-02, 11:22 AM.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hold up!

Hold on now.

Gremz, I was once in your shoes about a year ago when I got the card. No, it won't replace the other kits, rather it just hides them. Everyone will tell you to read the manual, but even thje manual wont easily lay it out on what reallly happens to the orinigal kits.

I'll go ahead and tell you that unless you saved your kits to a memory card, then you've lost any altered edits you've made to the kits, but the factory presets are still there. The way the TD-10 lays it out is kind of dumb if you ask me, that you can only have 50 kits showing at once when you really now have 100. I guess its kind of like RAM, but I'm not the techno wiz here, I just play drums.

Go ahead and do a search on the TDW-1 and you'll get a buttload of info on how to copy kits to the 'available 50' view. Good luck!!
        The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

Comment

Thanks for the info Algee. Glad to hear the original kits aren't lost. I did read the manual but I must have missed that section. Thanks for your patience.

Gremz
          Gremz

Comment

Sorry I didn't have time to respond earlier - had a practice to go to.

Forgive me if I don't type all this out. There are many more posts on the topic. It comes up a lot. When you get a new toy like the exp board, no one wants to sit there reading lengthy, often vague or confusing manuals. These posts go into detail and are related to your question. There's plenty more.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...&threadid=6669

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...&threadid=9301
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Boingo.

I gotz some read'n to do.

gremz
              Gremz

Comment

Working...
              X