Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV-5 as FD-7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EV-5 as FD-7?

Hi guys,

I'm interested if a Roland EV-5 expression pedal will work with the Roland modules on the hihat pedal input. I'm interested if you can do the pitch bending with Timpani sounds etc with a simple expression pedal instead of buying an expensive FD-7 pedal.

I'm thinking about buying a TMC-6, and if a cheap expression pedal connected to it will make the TMC transmit a midi cc, this would be a nice add on for me.

If any of you has an expression pedal and tried it, please post the results!

Thanks
    Pieter
    Music was my first love...

As I mentioned in my recent post at the bottom of this thread, I just got an EV-5, and I have it plugged in along with my FD-6 via a Y-adapter into my hi-hat input. I haven't tried just the EV-5 on its own, but I can do that at some point. I do know that if I just leave my FD-6 open and use the EV-5, I can gradually vary the openness and closedness of the hi-hat, so I'm assuming since the FD-6 isn't doing anything, the EV-5 would work exactly as you describe.

The only thing is the EV-5 doesn't return to open like the FD pedals do, that can be seen as either a benefit or a problem depending on your application. It sounds like it'd be fine for what you want, though.
    kit pr0n.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys..

I know the feel will be different from the FD-7, but that is n o problem for me. Im interested in using a foot controller for sending out a CC which I can assign to the decay or filter cutoff inside my proteus 2000 module. I have a ddrum hihat for "realistic electronic hihat playing"

Tony if you are willing to try plugging in the EV-5 by it self and post the results I'd be very thankful!

Comment

Just tried the EV-5 on its own, works fine.
        kit pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by tonycpsu
          Just tried the EV-5 on its own, works fine.
          Cool, thanks!

You've just won a free membership on my site where you can post pictures of your kit and comments about it

Comment

Working...
          X