Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pintech / TD 8 Setup Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech / TD 8 Setup Questions

I have a Pintech Studio Elite kit with a Roland TD 8 brain. I am looking for advice on the best "Setup" for triggering the Pintech drums and cymbals inside the "Setup" menu on the TD8. I have an AX-14 snare and 3 CC101's for toms. I have a total of 4 SE-102's for cymbals. I just need to know which setting I need to use to get the best triggering out of the kit. All of the settings are currently at their factory default. Any help on the would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have seen that people make changes to the "Setting" screen where you would change "Banks" and you can change the individual drums and cymbals to get better triggering. I have seen this mostly with dual zone snare triggering problems. I set the TD-8 according to the specs on the Pintech website, but I was wondering id anyone had any "Real World" advice on better trigger settings such as setting the snare to a 12A or 12B. Any help on the would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ford
    Last edited by Ford; 09-14-02, 11:16 AM.

Ford,

First, if your TD8 is brand new you might consider a "master" reset first to get a clean TD8, then follow the instructions below.

These are the instructions from the Pintech site:

www.edrums.com

TD8 Instructions for Pintech Percussion
    Like any other fine instrument when properly tuned this kit will work great. All the tuning for electronic drums is done in the drum module. Here are some simple steps for the TD8. Be sure to tension the heads first to the desired tension, about one or two full turns on all new pads.

Turn your module off.
    Turn your module back on.
    Push the set up button and then the F1 button twice.
    You should now be at settings for your tuning parameters.
    Hit the pad you want to program, i.e. snare. While programming do not hit any other pads.
    Now you can adjust the Sensitivity to 9 by using the value knob.
    Cursor down to Threshold and change to 1
    Cursor down to curve, should be on Linear
    Cursor down to Rim Sens, should be about 9 or 10 (snare only).
    Now hit the F1 button one time.
    Change the scan time to 1.0
    Cursor down and change the Retrigcancel to 1 or 2
    Cursor down and change the Mask time to 0
    Cursor down and change the cross talk to 20, 25 or 30.
    Finished with the snare. Repeat the process for all the Toms and Cymbals. Believe it or not all this can be done in about 2 minutes and it makes all the difference in the world. These settings are global and will not need to be changed again.Let me know if you have any questions, just call me at 864-288-1500 or email me at [email protected]

These settings are a great place to start, however you may have to adjust sensitivity to your liking.

Comment

Working...
    X