Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-custom stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-custom stand

I was thinking about buying some PVC and adding on to my v-custom stand. Has anyone else done anything like this with any success?

Not with PVC, but I have bought 38 mm aluminium pipe and have expanded my rack with it. I had to buy a 6 meter piece, which is kinda difficult to get into your car.

I painted the pipes with base paint and sprayed them black. Now it's almost impossible to see the difference between the original and my DIY tubes.

Comment

as u can tell by his avatar,he works with his hands alot.
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

You should see the sticks I use!

Comment

I'm guessing they are made of 38mm aluminum pipe.

Comment

lol
            -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

DIY Racking...

Originally posted by Pleiadian
              Not with PVC, but I have bought 38 mm aluminium pipe and have expanded my rack with it. I had to buy a 6 meter piece, which is kinda difficult to get into your car.

I painted the pipes with base paint and sprayed them black. Now it's almost impossible to see the difference between the original and my DIY tubes.
              What was the cost for 6 meters of 38mm aluminum tubing?

I may just make a smaller rack to take a few pads to practise sessions.

Thanks!

Kelly Mercer
              Halifax, Nova Scotia
              Canada

My Youtube Channel!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
              http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

I went to a hardware shop. It is not a standard type but they ordered it for me. It cost me 17 euro (17$)

The painting materials were more expensive than the pipe. I used hammerite non-ferro base paint and hammerite spray paint. Together with some other stuff, that cost me about 35 euro.

So for a total of 52 euro and some of my time I have as much rack expansion as I will ever need

Comment

Well I can't seem to find any PVC pipe that will work. It is either too small or too large. Lowes didn't have any aluminum tubing. Anyone have any ideas where you can get aluminum tubing in the US? Also where can you get extra T clamps for a V-custom stand? Can they be ordered from Roland?

Comment

You can get clamps at any music store. Roland, Dixon or Tama.

Harlock pointed me to Tama J10 clamps. They are a bit expensive but they allow you to place two horizontal pipes at the same height on one vertical pipe.

Look at the centre of this picture of Harlock's setup to see what I mean:

Comment

I wonder where he got the silver rounded tubes. I need a tube like that. I also need a tube to run vertical. If I could find those two tubes I would be in good shape. I'll check in to the Tama J10 clamps. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian
                        I went to a hardware shop. It is not a standard type but they ordered it for me. It cost me 17 euro (17$)
                        Which shop did you go to? I want to upgrade my rack too!
                        Groeten, Cas
                        DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Caspar,

I went to:

Beuken Groothandel BV
                          Vierlinghweg 1
                          4612PN BERGEN OP ZOOM
                          0164-246246

But there should be something closer to Huizen though

Comment

Thanks
                            I'll look up some store in Huizen. Went to the Praxis but there were no tubes of that kind...
                            DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Look on eBay people are always sell gibraltar tubing on there.
                              Ted H.

Comment

Working...
                              X