Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pintech Zenbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech Zenbals

Anyone tried these yet???
    Boom Theory Spacemuffins
    TD6
    HDI Cymbals

Yes.

I have them on my floor stock Studio Elite kit...
    I also have 3 more demos.
    They are extremely quiet, and so far with a TD6 that has not been dialed in, they are responsive and fun to play...much much much better than their TC cymbals... I need to tweak the setting for the bell. They are dual zone and chokable by the way.
    Pintech has improved their quality pretty extensively since the last kit I had in stock. Their pads are re-vamped and actually play pretty good. I am still having some challenges tweaking in the AX14 snare however...

Back on the subject - they are a great cymbal for just under $100.

Interested in trying one, I'll send it to you.

Email me at [email protected]

Erik

Comment

Zenbals

I just picked up 3 dual zone zenbal directly from Pintech in Greenville, SC and they are great! I'm using them with the TD-8 and have set them up with the CY1 setting. I just had to change the sensitivity a little. Very clean and one zone does not set off the other. Pintech also let me trade in the old cymbal pads I had for the new ones for $33.00 each.
      Kirk Wong
      Greenville, SC
      Pintech Tour Elite Set with TD-8 with Dual Zone Zenbals
      Worship Band E-drummer

Comment

Zones?

I've looked at pictures of these things, and am curious where the zones are. Is one on the Bell itself, or is it just the rim and the bow?

The reason I ask is that when I look at the pictures it looks like the bell is hard plastic, not rubber.

Thanks
        That Dan Guy

Comment

Zenbals

It's a 14" cymbal and one zone is 3/4 of the pie, and 1/4 of pie is the other zone. The bell is hard plastic and is not strikable. The zones are just the bow and edge.
          Kirk Wong
          Greenville, SC
          Worship Band E-drummer

Comment

Thanks for the info

I suppose I'll just have to find one and fiddle with it before I decide then. But it does dissapoint me. The Bell on these things looked large enough, especially compared to the Roland V-cymbals I've fiddle with at Guitar Center.

So I'm assuming if you want a bell sound (ie when using it as a ride) you have to hit the edge? It seems these would make better crash pads than Rides...

Maybe by the time I have the money to actually buy an E-kit there will be a bell enabled one (a guy can hope, can't he?)
            That Dan Guy

Comment

Right now, Roland is the only one that has the ride cymbal with three zones. You also must have the TD-10 to operate with three zones. The TD-8 and TD-6 only support two zones per cymbal. The Zenbals definitely work better as crash cymbals.

In regards to the ride cymbal, with my style of play, I only use the bow and bell anyways. I don't think I ever purposefully play the edge, but yes, the bell sound is programmed for the rim.
              Kirk Wong
              Greenville, SC
              Worship Band E-drummer

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Albator

welcome to the board & don't be afraid to use the search engine

That's funny Jr. You act like you was an old timer. (Har-Har-Har)

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

There's something strangely familiar about that Albator guy.
                  My website...
                  VCustom kit,
                  TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                  HDI Cymbals.
                  A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

well,they say all those french look alike.
                    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I wonder if you could glue a piezo under that hard plastic shell in the center of a Zenbal and run a cable to it. You could plug it in to a splitter in aux11/12 or the extra input split off the kick and assign a ride bell to it...........Hmmmmmm.............Need to run this by Tony Carlson!
                      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Can you choke these (Pintech Zenbal 14" Single Zone Electronic Cymbal)?
                        Chris

Comment

Single zone Zenbals are not chokable. The dual zone ones are.
                          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I just got word from Pintech that they are getting ready to put out a new Zenbal e-cymbal in Chinaboy form.
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by crazystix
                              I just got word from Pintech that they are getting ready to put out a new Zenbal e-cymbal in Chinaboy form.
                              Yup...

http://shopping.netledger.com/app/si...t.A/id.1094/.f

Sorry, no pic available yet. Just picture a ZB2 assembled backwards (which is how it happened by accident -- aren't all great products born this way?).

Ed

P.S. Remember PostIt notes and the telephone were born by accident too!!

Comment

Working...
                              X