Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Street Value For Vdrums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Value For Vdrums

does anyone know the street value for roland v-drums with a td-10 module? i dont have much knowledge about v-drums.. but a rough estimate, maybe on just the module will help... im trying to get rid of my kit.. and guitar center offered $700 and they said the street value is only about $900...

If older, what model of set is it (V-session, etc), if known?

Was it originally purchased all together as one kit?

About what year is the set from, and what type of cymbals does it have?

Is the TD-10 expanded?

Photos may help; but the amounts they're tossing sound a bit lowball to me - depending on the above details and perhaps some other info, of course...
    Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

thats pretty much it.. i dont think the td-10 is expanded

Comment

I'm no expert but $900 sounds way low for that. Seriously. An all mesh kit with 4 toms?
        The line starts to the left for all the members here that will give you 900 for that.
        A new TD3 with a mesh snare and two cymbals goes for 800-900.
        Tell guitar center to put the crack pipe down.
        TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

*The* best way to determine "street value" (you sound like you want to sell it out of the trunk of your car) is to go to ebay, and search on the completed auctions. Use a search term

roland td*

Sure, you'll get tons of pad hits but you'll also vacuum up all the TD10 kits that have sold.

Okay, just did some ebay searching (I love to do that). Chiphead's exactly right: GC is on crack. There's a TD-6 kit active as I type this and it's already up to $1120. Oh but wait, there's also a straight up TD-10 kit (looks unexpanded) with some extra stuff that's already at $1200. That being said, there's another unexp TD-10 up right now with a starting price of $1200 with no bidders. That's most likely cuz the seller started the pricing too high and has a feedback of 1, so let's call that an outlier.

Moving on to completed auctions, two kits have gone for $1825 and $1799. What appears to be an unexp set went for $1450.

GC's lowballing you. You shouldn't have worn the "I'm A Rube" tshirt when you went in.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          Last edited by grog; 01-23-09, 07:10 AM.
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Ive seen many store chains buy used merchandise at about half what they will turn around and sell it for. I would sell to GC only if I need the cash in the next hour or so. Their $700 offer is not as insulting as the outright lie that the value is only $900.

Any other way to sell it would bring in much more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by shallowsean View Post
              does anyone know the street value for roland v-drums with a td-10 module? i dont have much knowledge about v-drums.. but a rough estimate, maybe on just the module will help... im trying to get rid of my kit.. and guitar center offered $700 and they said the street value is only about $900...
              I just sold my td10 w/tdw 1 for $550 module only. I probably could have gotten a little more.. but that was a fair deal I thought for not dealing with ebay and selling to a forum member.

Part it out on ebay or here...pain in the rump but you'll be better off. GC routinely takes stuff in at roughly half the value they can sell it for...trust me! I used to work there and do the appraisals etc.

E
              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Street Value For Vdrums?
                Depends on the street!

Seriously though, this is true....
                Originally posted by chiphead View Post
                The line starts to the left for all the members here that will give you 900 for that.......
                ....Tell guitar center to put the crack pipe down.

Comment

Yes man, unless you are in a hurry for cash, do not sell it to a store, they'll offer you in the best scenario 50% of the value they think they can get for the item. Try ebay or something else. if your set is in fine conditions then you should not have problem selling it a nice price, td10 is discontinued and the closer new item reference price is the td12, so I would say a fair price to pay would be 50% the value of the td12 with all the accesories.

------------------------------------------------
                  Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Working...
                  X