Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-6V and VH-11 Compatibility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6V and VH-11 Compatibility.

Hi, guys! I have a feeling this has been asked before, but the Search function is down, so I couldn't get any answers.

I'm currently using a TD-6KW kit with an added CY-12R/C cymbal for a ride, and the two given CY-8s as crashes.
    I'd like to upgrade the given CY-5 to a VH-11 hi-hat, and I'm just wondering if there's any improvement in response as compared to the CY-5/FD-8 combination. Thanks!

(I'll probably split Tom2/Aux to use the CY-5 as a splash)

Yes. I noticed a vast improvement. You won't get any more sounds out of it, but the feel and responsiveness is so much better.

Comment

As you can read on may places on this forum, many users of the FD8 have problems to get all the possible sounds out of their FD8/cy5 combi. And I agree. I got the VH11 a month ago, and it is so much easier to get the proper sounds. The playing feel also improves a lot, and I just like to see the hihat move up and down, esspecially in a groove while playing on the ride...
      TD9 (All VEX packs), VH11, DIY 12" snare, PD105, 3xPD85, PCY155, CY12R/C, Kit Toys 13" China, CY8, CY5, DIY electric cowbell, DIY 20" x 10" BD with Iron Cobra PowerGlide Double pedal
      I sell e-cowbells, go check em out!

Comment

Thanks, guys! :-)

Yeah, the foot splash groove would look uber cool like how Johnny Rabb does it in some videos.
        I've noticed that I can't get the right sounds triggered especially in the half-zone with the FD-8 and CY-5.
        The VH-11 costs a bomb, though. :-p
        But, I guess it's worth it.

Comment

It costs quite a few bucks yes, but what the heck. After you've bought it you won't even think about it anymore since you're so thrilled with your super cool new hihat. At least, that's my experience
          TD9 (All VEX packs), VH11, DIY 12" snare, PD105, 3xPD85, PCY155, CY12R/C, Kit Toys 13" China, CY8, CY5, DIY electric cowbell, DIY 20" x 10" BD with Iron Cobra PowerGlide Double pedal
          I sell e-cowbells, go check em out!

Comment

That's good to know, man! :-)
            Save, save, save, save, save!

Comment

Working...
            X