Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

14" Roland mesh head source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" Roland mesh head source?

Has anyone found a current source for 14" Roland mesh heads? I've tried Hart and Pintech heads but they just don't cut it. Roland isn't being any help so far.

[EDIT]

I was able to connect with the correct person at Roland and got the info. FWIW, Roland still sells them for $57.50, including freight (ouch). Does anyone have a less expensive source? I don't see them on ebay any longer.
    Last edited by Poco Askew; 01-21-09, 01:04 PM.

I've Been Looking For A 14 To. When I Called Customer Service They Say They Sold Out Of The 14 Mesh Heads. I'm Willing To Pay That For Them Since They Are A Hard To Find. Are You In The Us?

Comment

I think that Roland stopped selling the 14" heads separately due to DIYers. They still list the heads as part of a 'snare practice conversion kit' , which also includes a trigger module...... when I got mine it took almost 2 months, and I told them I needed the head as a replacement for the conversion kit. (not true, but it was the only way they would take the order). My local music store ordered it in for me. I think I paid just around $40 CAN for mine.....not unreasonable when you consider that a 10" head costs around $30.

Myke C.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGWILL View Post
        I've Been Looking For A 14 To. When I Called Customer Service They Say They Sold Out Of The 14 Mesh Heads. I'm Willing To Pay That For Them Since They Are A Hard To Find. Are You In The Us?
        Yes - I'm in the USA (Oregon). I got off the phone with Roland this morning and they said I should have it in about a week. The head itself is $51.50 and they have a flat rate for shipping in the continental USA of $6.00.
        Keeping my fingers crossed...

Comment

I've seen them on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Poco Askew View Post
            I don't see them on ebay any longer.
            Originally posted by KKL View Post
            I've seen them on ebay
            Sometimes it helps to read the entire message...
            Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

I received this morning a brand new 14" Mesh head directly from Roland Canada. I also had to ask the parts section about head replacement for PCK-1 practice kit. Cost me 34.95 + Shipping. It came in a CY-14C box. I wished for a moment that they did a mistake but they didn't :-). Do you think I will see a big change in trigger response on my RT-10S compared to my pearl Muffle Head?

Comment

Working...
              X