Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-10 and Hi-Hat issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 and Hi-Hat issues

Hi folks hope your all doing well?

I have had my TD-10 for a number of months now, it has Vex pack but no TDW card and I want to know the best option to use as a Hi-Hat.

I started with a PD6 moved onto a kit toys splash and even had an acoustic to Dig convert by my mate DaveBabes.

Am I right that VH-11 will only work with TDW card? anyone using a PCY or Py with any great results?

I need a good feeling quiet HH option with good rebound.

You help advice is appriciated

N.x
    TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

Although the official answer from Roland is that a VH-11 is not compatible with an unexpanded TD-10, I believe it would work fine as it's equivalent to an FD pedal for the module. (Even on a TD-12/20, the hi-hat setting is identical for VH-11/FD.)

If you don't have a hi-hat stand, then a CY-5 would work fine (on a PD-9 trigger setting).

Bruce

Comment

Bruce:

I assume that while the VH-11 "will work", it won't have the type of capability, ie, the interval control, that it has on the 12/20. Right?

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Correct for the open/closed control. But I don't think the VH-11 provides any better control on any module than an FD pedal on the same module; just better feel/movement.

Bruce

Comment

CY-5 For Hi-Hat Trigger

I use the Roland CY-5 cymbal pad for the hi-hat trigger with my Roland V-Pro drum kit with a TD-10 Expanded module.
          Love it, works great, feels great!
          -Buddy
          V-Pro, TD-10 Expanded (and heavily tweaked), Smartrigger Crashes, Smartrigger Ride, CY-5 Hi-Hat Cym., KD-8 Kick Trigger, DW 7000 Bass Pedal, Two:Boss FS-5U, Roland KC-500 & Peavey KB 300 Amp (Used for Stage Monitoring), Pintech Nimrod, Phillips SBC HP 550 H-phones, Slingerland & Pearl acoustics, Zildjian & Sabian cymbals, Winkler's Percussion Custom Chimes (37 Bars). BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Peavey PV14 Mixer, CAD Premium 7 Drum Mic Pack.

Comment

CY-5 would seem to be the way to go then, I will add it to the shopping list.

Many thanks guys

Br
            TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

Comment

Working...
            X