Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

roland td7 or alesis dm5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roland td7 or alesis dm5

i need some pro and cons on both. im just starting out on my kit and wondering which is the best to start off with. thx for the help. on a tight budget.

I would recommend keeping an eye out for a cheap used td-3, esp now that the td4 has been introduced...you might be able to get a bargain.
    Last edited by saku; 01-19-09, 08:11 AM.
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by xx5dpericxx View Post
      i need some pro and cons on both. im just starting out on my kit and wondering which is the best to start off with. thx for the help. on a tight budget.
      All depends on what you are hoping to get out of your kit. What is your budget? Sometimes people ask these questions and then say, Oh I want 3-way ride triggering, dual zone mesh snare, dual zone chokable crash cymbals. basically I want everything under the sun for about $200.00. It isn't going to happen. Just because you see people doing these things with today's modules doesn't mean you can do this with modules that are 10 years old or more. At least straight out of the box. It is a good idea to first decide what you want your kit to have/do and then start looking for the manuals for the modules you think will work. Learn what each module is capable of and then you will have your answer.

My short answer is go with with DM5 only because it is still supported by Alesis. If you are buying new go with Yamaha or Roland.
      alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Working...
      X