Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Gibralter Practice Bass Pad vs. Remo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibralter Practice Bass Pad vs. Remo

I'm planning on piecing together a DIY drum set with Remo pads, some practice cymbals, etc. etc. I was just scoping out craigslist and I saw this listing for a Gibraltar Practice Bass Pad:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/msg/996373959.html

Before seeing this I had just planned on using another Remo pad as the bass (would need to find a way to hold it in place).

Does anyone have any experience with these Gibraltars? My main questions are if it can be taken apart and "piezo-d" much like a Remo pad would, how loud it sounds (again, in contrast with a Remo) and how much it'll move around if I leave it as is on a carpet floor. And I guess all in all is the Gibraltar pad worth the 10 extra bucks? Hahah, I'm short on cash, so I'm trying to squeeze out as much as I can with what I've got.

Thanks for reading I appreciate any and all feedback!

I was going to do just that and have the Gib bass "in reserve". Looks like it's easy to take apart and should be piezo-friendly. There are a few posts aroun of folks that have done it.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
      I was going to do just that and have the Gib bass "in reserve". Looks like it's easy to take apart and should be piezo-friendly. There are a few posts aroun of folks that have done it.
      Ok thanks. I'm going to go ahead and buy it; it seems like it's worth looking into

Comment

Working...
      X