Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

A Few Questions [where/how to buy a TD-9SX]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions [where/how to buy a TD-9SX]

Hi everybody,

Iv had my TD-3 kit for about 3 years and Iam thinking of upgrading to a TD-9SX. Now the question is where do i buy one. Iv looked on ebay, craigslist, and here. Iv also seen people saying how BPMmusic.com has good prices but can someone explain how there pricing works. Its something like you have to send them a quote....So if you know a good deal on a TD9SX kit let me know or anywhere else a good deal could be :]

~Kyle

dont forget rmc audio.....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
      dont forget rmc audio.....

OK those are both of the same types of websites. Soooo do you send them a quote, and then they tell you there price? Has anyone sent for a quote and could tell what price they got?

Comment

the impression I got was that you emailed them and asked for their quote...but if you need a starting quote, you can always check, for instance, sweetwater to get the ball rolling....

Comment

Kyle,

you lasted longer with your TD-3 than I did with mine...

saku is right, just e-mail them and ask for a price. RMC gets excellent reviews here. if you want to buy a whole kit at once they can "tweak" it for you, bigger snare, another cymbal, etc. as part of the "package deal". If I were buying a new Roland kit they'd be my first choice of where to buy from.

your current pads/rack would also work with the TD-9 module, you can mix and match manufacturers (Hart, Pintech, Yamaha, Gibraltar, Kit toys, etc), you could trigger even more drums or cymbals with your TD-3......

it all depends on what you want and how much money you can spend

buying new gets you a factory warranty..buying used is sometimes problematic, like my used snowblower (snowpuffer is being kind to it) that I bought last winter.....it can save you money or buy you a headache......

the v-drums seem (to me, anyway) amazingly free of breakdowns...

good luck !

The TD-9 is a nice module/kit, those that have them are very pleased with them, I went up to a 12 to save an upgrade....(GAS seems under control currently)
          Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Picksorsticks View Post
            Kyle,

you lasted longer with your TD-3 than I did with mine...

saku is right, just e-mail them and ask for a price. RMC gets excellent reviews here. if you want to buy a whole kit at once they can "tweak" it for you, bigger snare, another cymbal, etc. as part of the "package deal". If I were buying a new Roland kit they'd be my first choice of where to buy from.

your current pads/rack would also work with the TD-9 module, you can mix and match manufacturers (Hart, Pintech, Yamaha, Gibraltar, Kit toys, etc), you could trigger even more drums or cymbals with your TD-3......

it all depends on what you want and how much money you can spend

buying new gets you a factory warranty..buying used is sometimes problematic, like my used snowblower (snowpuffer is being kind to it) that I bought last winter.....it can save you money or buy you a headache......

the v-drums seem (to me, anyway) amazingly free of breakdowns...

good luck !

The TD-9 is a nice module/kit, those that have them are very pleased with them, I went up to a 12 to save an upgrade....(GAS seems under control currently)

Yeah I put an email into them a couple hours ago. The reason why i picked the TD-9 was becuase it was more in my budget, i dont think i could pull off 3 grand for a drum set. But how much better is the TD-12? Just more imputs for customizing, more instuments and junk? Iv really just grown out of the TD-3 and need a new one. Iam sure anything new would be amazing to me. I just cant wait to like actually tune the drums and pick the cymbal size!

Also what is 'GAS'? Iv seen it a couple times and can't figure out what it is.

Thanks Picksorsticks!

Comment

Kyle,

GAS is an acronym for "Gear Acquisition Syndrome"....one of the running jokes on the board....

I haven't begun to plumb the depths of the TD-12 yet, so I can't give you much of an answer on the differences...I just figured that it might save me an upgrade... I like the sliders for volume for the drums/cymbals. still have to figure out the vex kits I bought.....

"junk"...maybe the sequencer stuff on the TD-12, can't see myself doing much with that, I wonder if anyone does ???

The TD-3 was nice but very limited..I had some extra $ available so I leaped over the TD-9 to the TD-12 ( probably overkill for me), so except for filling some empty inputs, I'm probably done buying drum stuff ( For a while anyway)

hope you can get your TD-9 ordered real soon !
              Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

[QUOTE=Picksorsticks;364040]Kyle,

GAS is an acronym for "Gear Acquisition Syndrome"....one of the running jokes on the board....

I was wondering that myself, I thought it was - "Gotta Add Stuff"
                Oh well, close enough!

Comment

unfortunately, GAS is transmitted by being asked about..so know that you know what it is, you run a great risk of coming down with it....

Comment

I've had better luck calling RMC on the phone. Tyler is the one I have always dealt with, and he is very knowledgeable, helpful and courteous.

The reason they (and BPM) require the quote is that their prices are below what Roland allows them to advertise...so they don't advertise the price at all.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your answers :] I will give them a call when they open in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X