Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Amp at NAMM 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp at NAMM 2009

It seems that Roland dicided to give us a punchier amp, 320 watt with two woofers, hey Roland now we are talking :

Roland KC-880
    http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...90&ParentId=67

Daniel

That looks very cool. I should sell my TDA-700 and buy two of those!
    But, I want to hear it first. Two 12"s can move a lot of air if they do it right.
    And 97 lbs (44 kg) scares me.
    sigpic

Comment

Their amps and such were always so expensive, I can't even imagine how high this one is going to be. Better off going a PA route and getting much more power for the same money or less.
      Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

It looks like a great item and all but I'd rather see a version with 15 inch woofers instead of 12s.

Comment

I used to have a Peavy 210TX with two 10" and a piezo. It was smokin', way more punch than my Yamaha Cabaret cab with one 15". Barbetta has bi-amped models with 2 smaller speakers side by side.
          Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

we have a price for it $995 at music123

Comment

Got one on Saturday. It's big, and heavy, but sound wise its a monster. I managed to get an hour or so with it with the kit on Saturday and if you have the arm strength and space in your transport, its a must have in my view

Had another drummer who knows my kit v well, and my bass player with me, and they confimed what I heard, AWESOME TDW20 sounds coming out. I thought my HK monitors were good, this baby knocks them out to space ... can't wait for the first gig with it this weekend.

The snare sounds are just gorgeous, with loads of life, resonance and attack, loads of air moves from the bass drum, and the cymbals / hihat just sing away ...

The drummer with me was blown away too - saying, FINALLY your kit sounds like an acoustic kit, you can't tell the difference!!!

If you've got the dosh, and space, got get one ..

Comment

I am glad that amp worked out for you. I am now more intrigued than ever.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 3Cup Candy View Post
                  It looks like a great item and all but I'd rather see a version with 15 inch woofers instead of 12s.
                  I thought size didn't matter to you gals...

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                    I thought size didn't matter to you gals...

Frankly, the idea that 12's wouldn't be enough for a gal and she'd prefer 15's is just scary.
                    DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
                    Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

Roland TD-10 module
                    Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

Comment

That's a beast, but so is the price! Scary weight, but if you're a pro it's got to be worth a look I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCooney View Post
                        Their amps and such were always so expensive, I can't even imagine how high this one is going to be. Better off going a PA route and getting much more power for the same money or less.
                        Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                        That looks very cool. I should sell my TDA-700 and buy two of those!
                        But, I want to hear it first. Two 12"s can move a lot of air if they do it right.
                        And 97 lbs (44 kg) scares me.
                        Originally posted by KevH View Post
                        That's a beast, but so is the price! Scary weight, but if you're a pro it's got to be worth a look I'm sure.
                        At least it's on casters.

Originally posted by danydany6501 View Post
                        we have a price for it $995 at music123
                        Yep. Same price at Musicians Friend

http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfrien...AMP?sku=580414

It would be nice if it had a dedicated sub out for that price. But a powered sub to go with it I bet would pound the house down!
                        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

18 lbs lighter than a TDA-700 though.

Bruce

Comment

The weight is not a problem, because that price includes a roadie.......right?

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                              The weight is not a problem, because that price includes a roadie.......right?
                              Absolutely! Becuase the "drum roadie" is usually the drummer!
                              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
                              X