Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PM-30 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM-30 question

Is it normal when plugging in headphones to the PM-30 headphone jack to only hear sound coming out of the left headphone? This is a new PM-30 amp and a new set of Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones. The headphones sound stellar when plugged into the TD-9SX module...and the amp / monitor sounds stellar when no headphones are plugged into it.

Just tried it for the first time with headphones directly into the PM-30 (I usually run into a mixer and out to the PM-30). Worked fine in stereo, then it cut out, and went into the left channel only. Seems like I got a loose wire, and it's NOT on my ATH-M50s.....very weird. If I jiggle the jack, it comes and goes.
    I can't imagine yours has a loose connection also?!?

Also, how are you hooking up your module to the amp?

Comment

I get the full stereo signal from my phones when plugged into my PM-30.

How are you connecting your TD-9 to your PM-30?

-SD-

Comment

I got a simlira problem with my Cube 30 and I found out that the cables I was using to connect my td6 to the monitor were damaged.

------------------------------------------------
        Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

I'm going into the PM-30 from the headphone output on the TD-9SX. Is that my issue? I can't imagine these shiny new toys malfunctioning this early in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC View Post
            I'm going into the PM-30 from the headphone output on the TD-9SX. Is that my issue? I can't imagine these shiny new toys malfunctioning this early in the game.
            Using a stereo TRS cable? (PM-30 manual, Pages 9 & 10.)

Bruce

Comment

i would suggest to use the stereo plug outputs... I guess the td9 has them.

------------------------------------------------
              Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

What kind of cable, and which input on the PM-30?

-SD-

Comment

Originally posted by SiliconDrummer View Post
                  What kind of cable, and which input on the PM-30?

-SD-
                  I am using a "monster rock guitar cable" and it is going into the dedicated vdrums input on the PM-30.

Comment

I am using a "monster rock guitar cable" and it is going into the dedicated vdrums input on the PM-30.
                    There's your problem. Guitar cables are mono (one black band on the jack). Guitar cables are fine for the main outs on the side of the module, but you will need 2...one for the left channel and one for the right.

In order to use the headphone jack to the PM-30, you need to run a single stereo (also known as TRS) cable. It has 2 black bands on the jack.
                    See photo:
                    Left is mono, right is stereo.
                    Last edited by Colquhoun; 01-17-09, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                      There's your problem. Guitar cables are mono (one black band on the jack). Guitar cables are fine for the main outs on the side of the module, but you will need 2...one for the left channel and one for the right.

In order to use the headphone jack to the PM-30, you need to run a single stereo (also known as TRS) cable. It has 2 black bands on the jack.
                      See photo:
                      Left is mono, right is stereo.
                      Guitar Center trip made, TRS cable acquired, problem solved. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X