Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Obtain more inputs from alesis Trigger IO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtain more inputs from alesis Trigger IO

Hi, i would like to expand my drumkit (alesis usb pro kit) with one more pad (a bigger 13" mesh pad for snare) and at least two cymbals (one more crash and a splash). Since i have just one input left (the one that could manage roland type cymbals) i'm planning to buy another alesis surge crash with choke to plug into the remaining input, and split two toms (or the floor toom and kick) input in order to obtain two more mono-trigger inputs. My question is: Can i use any stereo audio splitter to do that? I saw the DIY splitter on the forum, but at the moment it's an unfeasible way for me (since at the moment i dont have any equipment needed to achieve a decent result). Will something like that:

http://cgi.ebay.it/CAVO-AUDIO-SPLITT...hippingPayment

work for what i need to do?

thanks in advance

help me pls

Comment

I have no first hand experience, but I read somewhere (probably here) that the Trigger IO can be configured for dual piezo. Which means a simple splitter should work. You might want to borrow a cable and test this first.
      sigpic

Comment

yes all the inputs on alesis trigger IO are dual piezo (except one that is piezo/switch) so i even thought that a simple stereo splitter could work, maybe i just need a try

Comment

Can you let me know how this comes out? I have the alesis usb pro myself and am trying to add 2 cymbals and another tom or ad a bigger snare and switch my snare that is assigned in the kit to my extra tom. Hard to find help with this especially with the cymbal aspect. If I have any luck will shot you the results as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The3D View Post
            Hi, i would like to expand my drumkit (alesis usb pro kit) with one more pad (a bigger 13" mesh pad for snare) and at least two cymbals (one more crash and a splash). Since i have just one input left (the one that could manage roland type cymbals) i'm planning to buy another alesis surge crash with choke to plug into the remaining input, and split two toms (or the floor toom and kick) input in order to obtain two more mono-trigger inputs. My question is: Can i use any stereo audio splitter to do that? I saw the DIY splitter on the forum, but at the moment it's an unfeasible way for me (since at the moment i dont have any equipment needed to achieve a decent result). Will something like that:

http://cgi.ebay.it/CAVO-AUDIO-SPLITT...hippingPayment

work for what i need to do?

thanks in advance
            The picture in the link that you posted is a mono splitter. I believe you will need a TRS (tip, ring, sleeve)(stereo) cable that splits to 2 mono ends. Basically an I/O cable.
            8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
            http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
            X