Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland DT-HD1: HD-1 Drum Tutor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland DT-HD1: HD-1 Drum Tutor

Roland’s Drums & Percussion Division is proud to introduce new drum lesson software for owners of the HD-1 electronic drum kit. The DT-HD1 drum tutorial teaches introductory drum patterns and techniques in ways that are fun and easy for any entry-level drummer. http://www.rolandus.com/corporate/pr...px?PressId=391

Drum Tutorial Software for HD-1
    http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...x?ObjectId=976

The Game Screen will be familiar to anyone who has played drums in Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band, with sequenced blocks falling down the screen that correspond to the different drums, and will give you a score at the end of the song. + Mike Synder demo video
    http://www.gizmag.com/roland-dt-hd1-...utorial/10725/

Roland DT-HD1 one-ups Rock Band, teaches you to actually play drums
    http://www.obsessable.com/news/2009/...ly-play-drums/

DT-HD1 Brochure (PDF)
    including SS-PC1 Support Stand for PC (laptop)

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 01-16-09, 03:10 PM.

Very, very cool. Thanks for the heads-up, BarT.
    I would LOVE to see Roland take this a step further. Expand on it to have higher level grooves...but maybe the midi will allow you to do this?. How cool would it be to be able to make your OWN grooves in this, and be able to share them with others that have the program?

And while we're at it...a native Mac version would be very helpful.

Roland?
    Last edited by Colquhoun; 01-13-09, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Greetings from Anaheim!

We debuted the Drum Tutor at CES in Las Vegas last week (where the video w/ Mike Snyder was shot) to tremendous response. We also will be showing the DT-HD1 at NAMM this week. The DT-HD1 works out of the box with the HD-1, however it will work with other modules as well...it's simply a matter of remapping MIDI note numbers.
      Last edited by Guest_User_DA; 01-13-09, 09:09 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Drew

It always surprised me that the Rhythm Coach was only on the TD-3, there are plenty of beginners like me who bought TD-6s and would have benefited from having it.

Even now I'm playing a TD-20 it would be great to have a rhythm coach built in.... perhaps you could have a word and get it included in future higher end modules?

This software looks like an excellent solution though, again it would be good if it worked straight out of the box with all Roland modules with midi mapping presets already setup.

I don't know if the software is modular, I'd be interested in buying it if there were intermediate and advanced groove libraries that could be added in the future.

I'm working through the Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials book/DVD series at the moment, it would be brilliant if there was an interactive software version which had the notation / charts, the DVD clips and the playalong tracks all in one place. (I see you've got an HD-1 and TD-9 into the DVD, maybe you could do a licensing deal to get the Groove Essentials material into your software?)

Comment

Interesting as I am currently looking at a DT-HD1 for my daughter.

Will it have a section to teach the basic snare rudiments?

Any plans to be able to add advanced stages of tution?

What sort of cost and when do you anticipate a release date?

Comment

I think playing along with the included music (like Rock Band) is cool, but where I see this really shine is the notation screen. Being able to look at the notes on a staff and play along...all the while the screen is letting you know how you are doing is awesome. Just playing along with the metronome in this section would be enough...but being able to write your own grooves with the notes would be spectacular.

Comment

Wow great idea. It will teach beginners how to play drum in a fun and easy way. I agree that more advanced grooves would be interesting even for more advanced drummers. We can always learn more.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis_Beland View Post
                Wow great idea. It will teach beginners how to play drum in a fun and easy way. I agree that more advanced grooves would be interesting even for more advanced drummers. We can always learn more.
                Except for the MIDI remapping, is there any drawback from using this with something else than HD-1?

Comment

Has anyone seen a price? USD, pounds, or euros, I can cope with any of these....just so I have an idea of the price point...
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                    Has anyone seen a price? USD, pounds, or euros, I can cope with any of these....just so I have an idea of the price point...
                    I don't think that's been announced anywhere yet. So unless Drew can drop us a hint we can only wait and see...

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                      Not sure if this is a reliable source: http://www.gizmag.com/roland-dt-hd1-...utorial/10725/ but it says $99.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapB View Post
                        Not sure if this is a reliable source: http://www.gizmag.com/roland-dt-hd1-...utorial/10725/ but it says $99.
                        cheers, that gives me an idea...esp as it says MSRP...

I need all the help i can get...and a laptop..
                        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Official MSRP for the DT-HD1 is $99.00 USD. Includes the MIDI to USB interface. Ships in March.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapB View Post
                            Except for the MIDI remapping, is there any drawback from using this with something else than HD-1?
                            Just the on-screen kit graphics being based on the HD-1 setup, I think.

I believe MIDI remapping would only be needed on a TD-3 (for Tom 3).

Other modules use the same note numbers as the HD-1.

Only three toms and one crash, of course.

Bruce
                            Last edited by BarT; 01-18-09, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I totaly agree with Fat Rich.
                              How could it be that I purchased the priciest VDrums ever (Yet) and it has "Less features" than TD-3?
                              And why should the Drum tutor NOT support TD-20 users?

Comment

Working...
                              X