Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland PDX-8 Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland PDX-8 Pad

Hi All,

1st time post. Quick question:

Can a Roland PDX-8 pad be used as a tom? The reason I ask is because I am upgrading my snare to a PD125 and would still like to use the PDX-8.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
    I don't think you'll have an issue using the PDX-8 as a tom.
    TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Or use the pdx-8 as a mesh bass drum! Check the pics in my sig.
      Will

TD-9 + VH-11 + PD-105 + 3 PD-85's w/PDX-8 mounted as kick, Superior Drummer 2.2, Logic 9

Comment

wow. how do you mount it, Will?

p.s. I see in your sig you have PD-85 too. Why PDX-8 as kick instead of PD-85? Doesn't PDX-8 gives you more space between the rim and the head so you won't hit the rim that easier by mistake?
        My compact kit.

Comment

PD-85's are the toms. PD-105 is the snare. PDX-8 is the kick. One reason I like the PDX-8 as the kick is that the trigger is on the rim instead of in the center, so I'm not slamming the mechanism directly. Also, I took off the pdx-8's rubber rim so the kick pedal shaft doesn't hit it.

Also, it's just mounted with a standard mount clasp and bar. Nothing special.
          Will

TD-9 + VH-11 + PD-105 + 3 PD-85's w/PDX-8 mounted as kick, Superior Drummer 2.2, Logic 9

Comment

Heck yes

This is prob the most economicle way to "mesh" out ur set. I have all my toms in PDX 8s and it is great! pd 125 as my snare and 4 pdx 8 as toms....works great
            Jeff

Comment

Wow! Great suggestion to use the PDX-8 as a mesh kick......thanks Wrees

Comment

BTW, you may not be able to see this from the pics, but I stuffed a folded black hand towel into the pdx-8 to dampen the acoustic noise. Or at least to change it from the high-pitched "ping" to a more kick-like "thud." Worked great.
                Will

Comment

Originally posted by Jesch View Post
                  This is prob the most economicle way to "mesh" out ur set. I have all my toms in PDX 8s and it is great! pd 125 as my snare and 4 pdx 8 as toms....works great
                  Do the rims of a PDX 8 as tom work as well with a TD-6V?
                  TD-9KW

Comment

Working...
                  X