Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2Box DrumIt Five. Why all the buzz?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Box DrumIt Five. Why all the buzz?

Well, i'm hearing lot's of buzz about the 2Box DrumIt Five on this forum and from other people involved in e-drums. I don't get it. The thing looks plastic-fantastic to me with the looks of a drumkit you buy for a 5 year old OR a kit you buy with some videogame on the Wii, PS3 or Xbox.

The cymbals look like the thing i have on my wastebin and the rack... well, i think that a hard hitter is going to break the thing in half within minutes

I can be completely wrong, but i'm just interested in why people are so "excited" about this thing. Maybe the module is kick-ass, but if that's all, i won't bother.

For me, i'd stick with the TD20 as it does look way better in my humble opinion.
    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
    Loving it every second..

I think people are excited about the way it sounds, the possibilty of adding your own samples, and how well it triggers...looks being only of secondary importance to most people.

The drum honchos at 4sound still try and tell me that the orange colour is in fact cool and appropriate...I don't see it....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I can think of a few reasons for the buzz:

1) It's another higher end unit that may eventually offer and alternative to Roland or Yamaha
      2) the 2Box is a descendent (direct or indirect...you decide) of ddrum electronics and lots of folks liked them
      3) Sampling...something a lot of us have been clamoring for (Yammie offers this too in the current module)

-That's all I can think of...

.. I also DISLIKE the current color they've been shopping around.. I hope that's just an attention grabber being used at present time.

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rbressers View Post
        Well, i'm hearing lot's of buzz about the 2Box DrumIt Five on this forum and from other people involved in e-drums. I don't get it. The thing looks plastic-fantastic to me with the looks of a drumkit you buy for a 5 year old OR a kit you buy with some videogame on the Wii, PS3 or Xbox.

The cymbals look like the thing i have on my wastebin and the rack... well, i think that a hard hitter is going to break the thing in half within minutes

I can be completely wrong, but i'm just interested in why people are so "excited" about this thing. Maybe the module is kick-ass, but if that's all, i won't bother.

For me, i'd stick with the TD20 as it does look way better in my humble opinion.
        Actually, the drums are cast aluminum and the cymbals are rubber coated aluminum plate. I doubt you could break through it in minutes. I think a lot of people are just turned off by the color and I admit I don't like it as well. There has been some talk that 2box might offer different colors in the future. Keep in mind that 2box is the next Ddrum, and how many of you actually liked the styling of the Ddrum electronic stuff in the past? I would bet most (not all) of you never owned Ddrum electronic drum sets. It is kind of like the whole Mac vs. PC thing. A lot of PC people don't get the obsession that some people have with Mac (Apple) products. Man, that feels odd since I use a Mac.
        alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
          2) the 2Box is a descendent (direct or indirect...you decide) of ddrum electronics and lots of folks liked them
          This is my reason for interest. the DDrum modules were fantastic.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
            This is my reason for interest. the DDrum modules were fantastic.
            -that and it's not Roland or Yammie are my 2.

E
            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I love the color. Plus, you can load the samples from vst's into the module. I'm hoping it's going to offer a new higher end module and pads to the market. The ddrum stuff was great and I'm hoping this one will be the next generation of good stuff. I want usable, realistic sounds and I think this will offer that from what I've heard so far.
              Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Ddrum has traditionally been the pro's choice.
                Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

The sounds are pretty impressive, nice and raw and very real sounding. I think if priced correctly they will do extremely well.

Comment

Alright. Some good arguments about sampling, sound quality etc. But the bottomline is playability and the feeling when you're playing the kit.
                    It looks plastic so it must play like plastic in my opinion, but hey.. that's just my opinion.

The Roland kits just look (far) more real than this thing. The "old" Ddrum stuff was great, although very hard to get in the NL, but it's not only sound quality and features we're after right?
                    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
                    Loving it every second..

Comment

To what parts are you referring that look plastic? I think the pads are made of aluminum and maybe the rack also. I don't care at all for the look of the rack but am very interested in the pads and module.

Comment

Let's also not forget that if were comparing to TD20, we're comparing something twice as expensive. TD20 is almost 5000 euro (I still don't get why), 2Box has announced a price of about 2000 euro. That's some difference imho.

Comment

Don't they have a forum yet? For the love of God, someone please go make one.
                          Alan
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

They did, but it's down.

Comment

The pads look like they almost have external triggers attached the the edges. I assume they cannot have positional sensitivity. Some of the demos sound good ,but they are so inconsistent. I wish they would put up a good quality demo with a simple beat instead of bashing and fast solos. This would make it more obvious as to how it sounds,and whether it would fit into a mix.

I like the idea that it looks light to carry and does not take up too much space. I would like to hear from someone about how strong and stable it is. Aluminum seems like a much better choice than particle board and steel,and probably costs more.

Also,the color is a very stupid choice. It is still a high end kit and should look like one if they want to sell them. No stage manager would pick that color unless they had an electronic pop band ,and it was 1985.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X