Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-9SX question regarding modified kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9SX question regarding modified kits

Can someone provide easy instruction on how I should go about saving modified kits from the TD-9SX to a memory key. Here is an example of what I am looking for:

I modify the V-Tour kit. I want to save just the modified kit to a USB memory key and keep the module at the factory preset. Can this be done, and if so how? Thanks in advance.

Tod

Originally posted by TMC View Post
    Can someone provide easy instruction on how I should go about saving modified kits from the TD-9SX to a memory key. Here is an example of what I am looking for:

I modify the V-Tour kit. I want to save just the modified kit to a USB memory key and keep the module at the factory preset. Can this be done, and if so how? Thanks in advance.

Tod
    Any time you edit the kit, it will stay that way on the module.
    The best way to get what you want is to first backup the module at factory settings to the memory stick in the 1st of 10 slots. Then edit any of the kits. Backup the edited kits to slot #2. Then load whatever backup you want.

In the future, this will also be the best way to load and unload any of the VEX kits....and TRUST ME.....you'll want to get the VEX expansion kits.
    Enjoy your new set!

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
      Any time you edit the kit, it will stay that way on the module.
      The best way to get what you want is to first backup the module at factory settings to the memory stick in the 1st of 10 slots. Then edit any of the kits. Backup the edited kits to slot #2. Then load whatever backup you want.

In the future, this will also be the best way to load and unload any of the VEX kits....and TRUST ME.....you'll want to get the VEX expansion kits.
      Enjoy your new set!
      Describe what you mean by "slots". Do all memory sticks have 10? Sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

Comment

Describe what you mean by "slots". Do all memory sticks have 10? Sorry for my ignorance on the subject.
        Yep. You can save 10 backups on one stick. Each backup has a max of 50 kits. I've got like 4 or 5 memory sticks, but you really only need one (that's 500 kits per stick).
        Look into getting vDrumLib. It's a free download for 10 days and only $20 to purchase. You can manage all your backups and make any changes to instrument levels, kit names, and all that organizing stuff....right on your computer. Makes it really easy to manange it all. Here's the site when you are ready:
        http://www.vdrumlib.com/

Comment

Yep. You can save 10 backups on one stick. Each backup has a max of 50 kits. I've got like 4 or 5 memory sticks, but you really only need one (that's 500 kits per stick).
          Look into getting vDrumLib. It's a free download for 10 days and only $20 to purchase. You can manage all your backups and make any changes to instrument levels, kit names, and all that organizing stuff....right on your computer. Makes it really easy to manange it all. Here's the site when you are ready:
          http://www.vdrumlib.com/
          One more question on this subject and then I'll drop it....maybe. Wouldn't the capacity of the memory stick dictate the quantity of backups you would be able to store on it? What capacity stick should I be purchasing?

Comment

One more question on this subject and then I'll drop it....maybe. Wouldn't the capacity of the memory stick dictate the quantity of backups you would be able to store on it? What capacity stick should I be purchasing?
            No, for some reason Roland decided to use only one digit for saving (0 to 9), the capacity of the USB stick has nothing to do with it. Also the files are relatively small (110 Kb) so 1 Mb would already sufficient to store 10 backups.

Comment

If you are planning on loading in wav files to play along with, buy a fairly large memory stick, because wav files are huge. A 2 or 4 GB memory stick is best.
              But be careful, bigger is not ALWAYS better. I made the mistake of getting a an 8 GB stick thinking I would not be jockeying around the stick as much....but forgot that there's a limit of 99 wavs allowed at the root level to be recognized by the module.
              What I have done is put more wavs on the 8 GB stick but in folders. Then I bring what songs I want out to the root level, and tuck others away, never exceeding the 99 at the root level. Silly, but it works.
              Last edited by Colquhoun; 01-12-09, 08:50 AM.

Comment

If you are planning on loading in wav files to play along with, buy a fairly large memory stick, because wav files are huge. A 2 or 4 GB memory stick is best.
                But be careful, bigger is not ALWAYS better. I made the mistake of getting a an 8 GB stick thinking I would not be jockeying around the stick as much....but forgot that there's a limit of 99 wavs allowed at the root level to be recognized by the module.
                What I have done is put more wavs on the 8 GB stick but in folders. Then I bring what songs I want out to the root level, and tuck others away, never exceeding the 99 at the root level. Silly, but it works.
                Colquhoun, you are right mentioning this of course, I was only talking about using the stick for saving backups. Still, the 99 limit (and perhaps 8 Gb, haven't tried this myself) is rather silly, given the memory capacity of current memory stick. Not to mention the WAV only support...but I guess I commented on that more than enough in the past!

Comment

The answer for your first question is, no. The maximum amount is dictated by TD-9 module. You can only read and write 9 backup files per stick and because of that 1MEG stick is fine. However, you can use the same stick for user songs (max 99 wave files) and if thats your plan, you should buy bigger stick to have enough room for *.wavs.
                  - tuquoque

Comment

Working...
                  X