Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Noob drummer question [pedals moving]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob drummer question [pedals moving]

Hey all, im completely new to drumming and just got my first set ever (roland td-9) and I have a very basic question. The bass drum pad, hi hat pedal, and my double bass pedals move around a lot and I cant seem to figure out how to mount them down. I see the screws that you can turn but those dont seem to work in mounting down any of these things to the ground. I know I look very stupid for asking this but could I get some help so I can finally get it all mounted down and stop it from moving around? Thanks all in advance!!

Spurs

The spurs from the pedal and HH need a nice carpeted surface to dig into. I got a cheapy carpet from the grocery store for my set up in my garage. Carpet needs to be thin. A heavy shag carpet wouldn't work very well. After you get a carpet to put your TD-9 on, then you just have to play with how deep the spurs go.
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumzilla View Post
      The spurs from the pedal and HH need a nice carpeted surface to dig into. I got a cheapy carpet from the grocery store for my set up in my garage. Carpet needs to be thin. A heavy shag carpet wouldn't work very well. After you get a carpet to put your TD-9 on, then you just have to play with how deep the spurs go.
      Ahh okay the carpet im playing on is too thick then! I will definitely pick up a cheap thin carpet to play the TD-9 on. Thank you so much for your advice This help a whole hell of a lot now heh

Comment

If you still have problems, do a search for Velcro Carpet Anchor. It's like regular Velcro on steroids. Glue some to the bottom plates of your pedals (but not the recessed parts). You plunk that down on a cut pile carpet and that pedal won't move for anything. It's the only way I could keep my FD-7 and FD-8 from creeping.

Comment

Working...
        X