Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi hat height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi hat height

I am moving my hit hat to between my first and second toms but is doesn't have enough heughtadjustment to get in the position I would like it at! Any products or suggestions on how to achieve what I want. I have a TD6 sxt.thanks

Mounting HH

I'm assuming you're using a CY-5 for the HH on your TD-6. I use a couple of Gibralter L-Rod ball arms to mount my two HH on my setup. It gives me a lot more flexibility for space and height. If you see these where ever you get your drum parts, make sure to get the 10.5mm diameter post.

http://www.westcoastdrums.com/gime10lbaarm.html
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

As you are in the US, you could look at Hart's X-Hat arm, as it's a very solid piece of kit and designed for the job. You should be able to see it in my kit pic or if not look here:

http://www.hartdynamics.com/products...picpage.html#7

Comment

The new TD-9 kits have an all new hi-hat mount for the CY-5. It provides a lot more height adjustability. You can see it in the TD-9 kit demos that Roland has posted on their website.

But, I don't know if they are offering specific parts for individual sale yet. Perhaps another member here knows. (Drew?)
        VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
        ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
        ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
        Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45535

Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post
          Part # SCPTMD0035 - "HiHat Arm Assembly"
          Roland Canada finally got back to me as well, with part numbers and pricing:

"For the MDS-9, the Hi Hat boom arm is Part#SCPTMD0035 - $80.10
          The clamp for attachment to the stand is Part#SCPTMD0038 - $11.78
          The Collar Assembly for the Cymbal arms is Part#SCPTMD0033 - $13.74 each"
          Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
            you could look at Hart's X-Hat arm, as it's a very solid piece of kit and designed for the job. You should be able to see it in my kit pic or if not look here:
            http://www.hartdynamics.com/products...picpage.html#7
            I just bought a CY5, and I already have the Hart X-Hat arm. It does not fit. The diameter of the Hart rod/post where the CY5 cymbal would mount is too small for the CY5 clutch hardware. The manual indicates the rod diameter must be between 10.5-11.5mm (7/16-1/2"). I'm not sure what the Hart diameter is, but it is smaller than 10.5mm, hence too small.
            Church: Roland TD-12KX V-Stage w/ substitutions: PD125BK + snare stand, 3 PD105-BKs (no PD-85s), 1 CY-12R/C, 1 CY-14C, 1 CY-15R, VH-11 cymbal mounted to rack + FD7 -- much better than VH-11 cylinder trigger thingy; DW3000 pedal, Roland KC-350 monitor, Roc-n-Soc Nitro throne.
            Home: Hart GigaPro (2003, TE3) but with a Roland FD7 HiHat pedal and an extra CY-5, TD-8, Axis-A pedal, Roland SPD-20, DrumKAT Turbo, Sony 7506 headphones, PM-30 monitor, Roc-n-Soc Nitro throne.

Comment

do you think the mount you use for your Toy Splash would work for mounting a cy-5 as a HH onto a stand alone rack?

Thanks,

K-Rokk

Comment

Originally posted by MarkRajcok View Post
                I just bought a CY5, and I already have the Hart X-Hat arm. It does not fit. The diameter of the Hart rod/post where the CY5 cymbal would mount is too small for the CY5 clutch hardware. The manual indicates the rod diameter must be between 10.5-11.5mm (7/16-1/2"). I'm not sure what the Hart diameter is, but it is smaller than 10.5mm, hence too small.
                What a pain! I have my Hart on a standard clutch, so have no issues there.

"do you think the mount you use for your Toy Splash would work for mounting a cy-5 as a HH onto a stand alone rack?

Thanks,"

If that was aimed at me, then absolutely no reason why not. It has a standard sized cymbal post.

Comment

Working...
                X