Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Good set of headphones for drumming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good set of headphones for drumming?

Hey, all,

I picked up my TD-3KW a few weeks ago, and, while I'm loving them, I've gotten a bit attached to them and would like to play at night a bit louder. As I've never really been an audiophile of any sort, and have pretty much no experience with buying headphones before (just picked up a pair of Skull Candy headphones to replace my iPod earbuds about a year back, but they recently broke), I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a good, cheap set of headphones.

Thanks!

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22683

(moderator/webmaster: i think we need some kind of FAQ link index in the root forum.)
    My compact kit.

Comment

even with a sticky, people ask this question...we need big flashing lights..or whenever someone types 'headphones' into a thread title, a window pops up with the FAQ/sticky....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

ok now it's my turn...

UTFSE dude hehe
        Ex E-kits:
        ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
        ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
        current E-kit
        ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
        " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

S.e.a.r.c.h.......

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
            S.e.a.r.c.h.......
            but you shouldnt need to search...you should SEE that there is a sticky or a FAQ....

Comment

then
              STFS (See The f...oops !! Sticky)
              Ex E-kits:
              current E-kit
              ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
              " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

Comment

i have Roland RH-50 and they sound very nice
                TD-9 + HODGEPODGE + acustic guitar + Guitar Rig 3 + m-audio oxygen + m-audio fast track pro :p

Comment

I think the problem is the sticky's are scattered in the sub-forums and easy to miss. It would make sense to have an FAQ Index sticky in the top forum which have pointers to the other sticky's.

Just a thought.
                  My compact kit.

Comment

Originally posted by sciomako View Post
                    I think the problem is the sticky's are scattered in the sub-forums and easy to miss. It would make sense to have an FAQ Index sticky in the top forum which have pointers to the other sticky's.

Just a thought.
                    yes, I agree...somethign to make them easier to spot, without having to go to the proper sub forum, when you might not know where to go in the first place...

Comment

It depends on how you browse the forum, as to whether you see the stickies or not.

Comment

Aw man, you guys beat me to it.

I must admit, at least this way, it's far easier to point to the requisite sticky although the temptation to get medieval on the questioner is oh so hard to fight.

While there might be a way to make the "once and for all" stickies a bit easier to find, given how easy they are to find right now, does anybody really think such an "improvement" would actually make a difference to those who are still either too lazy or, um, too something else to bother clicking on each Sub Forum and take a quick glance at the stickies. That takes, oh, all of 3 minutes. Oh wait, a shiney object!

Yunno, I really should start drinking in the mornings. I'm a happy drunk so it would make me much nicer in here. And I'd be living a classic drummer stereotype!

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

In my defense, I did try searching for headphones; a bunch of threads with questions about amplification/people saying, "You need headphones" in response to somebody asking about quiet amps/ways to keep it quiet while playing at night; but I didn't see anything after two or three pages. In retrospect, though, I probably should've searched solely on "suggestions", so my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Serric View Post
                            In my defense, I did try searching for headphones; a bunch of threads with questions about amplification/people saying, "You need headphones" in response to somebody asking about quiet amps/ways to keep it quiet while playing at night; but I didn't see anything after two or three pages. In retrospect, though, I probably should've searched solely on "suggestions", so my bad.
                            or 'headphones' AND 'suggestions' otherwise you get ALL kinds of irrelevant suggestions...another hint, use google and site:vdrums.com, it's a much better search engine than the site's own....

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                              or 'headphones' AND 'suggestions' otherwise you get ALL kinds of irrelevant suggestions...another hint, use google and site:vdrums.com, it's a much better search engine than the site's own....
                              that's the tip i've been using now and yes i agree it works better than this FSE.
                              Ex E-kits:
                              current E-kit

A-kit

Comment

Working...
                              X