Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-9, VH-11 and double bass pedal setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9, VH-11 and double bass pedal setup

Is anyone using the TD-9 with a VH-11 and double bass pedal and does he (or she) has a good and comfortable setup? If so, do you have a picture of it?

I'm struggling with it, maybe because of the dimensions of the MD-9 rack. I either have one bass pedal half under the snare, so my legs hit the snare constantly, or the hihat is jammed to the stand or just too far off to use it comfortably when playing 16th's on the hihat or the hihat has to be put in between the two bass pedal which would be hard to do.

I just ordered a VH11, and I have a TD9 with double bass pedals, so if I find a solution (I hope I do) I'll let you know.

Comment

I've got that exact setup. I keep my double kick width the same as it would be on my acoustic kit. The hihat pedal is sidled right up to the left bass drum pedal and the rack is outside of the hiihat stand, practically touching it. I also find the hihat to be a little farther away than I prefer, but I've just accepted it. I don't know that there is any 'solution', unless Roland actually increases the size of the VH11 to 13" or 14".

Comment

Hi Eric;

What I did was offset the kickpad to the far right of the frame ( Just inside the right rear leg of the mds9 rack). This keeps your right leg from not hitting anything. I have not added the VH-11 but I have enough room for my second bass pedal on the left as well as my hi hat pedal.

VH-11 real soon!

cheers
        RJ
        TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Comment

i got the mds-9 rack with a vh-11.When i use the double bass pedal (ok not often..) there are no problems here but this is because of my no leg hi hat stand
          (Gibraltar 9607NL)
          Ex E-kits:
          ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
          ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
          current E-kit
          ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
          " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Originally posted by Vdrum_Noob View Post
            Hi Eric;

What I did was offset the kickpad to the far right of the frame ( Just inside the right rear leg of the mds9 rack). This keeps your right leg from not hitting anything. I have not added the VH-11 but I have enough room for my second bass pedal on the left as well as my hi hat pedal.

VH-11 real soon!

cheers
            RJ
            Do you mean you moved the kickpad all the way to the right (so it's just left to the right leg of the stand) or did you put the leg inside the frame of the kickpad?

Originally posted by hampis View Post
            i got the mds-9 rack with a vh-11.When i use the double bass pedal (ok not often..) there are no problems here but this is because of my no leg hi hat stand
            (Gibraltar 9607NL)
            Hi Ham, I've never seen one of those (didn't even know they made them: hihats which can be used by someone with no legs ). But seriously, might be worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_B View Post

Hi Ham, I've never seen one of those (didn't even know they made them: hihats which can be used by someone with no legs ). But seriously, might be worth looking into.
              LOL check it out here http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa...sid=120&cid=27

of course don't forget that you can always use your head for a second bass kick
              Ex E-kits:
              current E-kit
              ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
              " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

Comment

LOL check it out here http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa...sid=120&cid=27

of course don't forget that you can always use your head for a second bass kick
                Yes, but my head is not as fast for doing that really smooth double bass songs! By the way, seeing your other thread: is your snare attached to the MDS-9 rack or is mounted it on a snare-stand.

Comment

Yes, but my head is not as fast for doing that really smooth double bass songs! By the way, seeing your other thread: is your snare attached to the MDS-9 rack or is mounted it on a snare-stand.
                  it's attached on the mds-9 rack.
                  Ex E-kits:
                  current E-kit

A-kit

Comment

it's attached on the mds-9 rack.
                    OK, but it doesn't look like it's attached directly to the snare tube. Did you attach another tube?

Comment

OK, but it doesn't look like it's attached directly to the snare tube. Did you attach another tube?
                      maybe you got confused because you can see the throne legs in that pic,anyway it's not a clear pic it's from a mobile phone,i will take some better ones (when i also clean up a bit)
                      Ex E-kits:
                      current E-kit

A-kit

Comment

Hi,
                        have a look at my kit here: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.ph...&pictureid=389 I'm going to swap places with the floor tom and the right hand hihat for testing. I beleive that doing so will leave my right arm in a more relaxed position for playing the hihat.

I have extended my MDS-6 rack with 2 1,5" pipes at the edges, and it should resemble a MDS-9 pretty at this point.

Thanks,

Kari
                        MegaDrum trigger to midi x 1,
                        BFD 2,
                        13" DIY snare,10", 12" and 14" DIY toms,
                        VH-11 Hi-Hat x 1, Pearl RH-2000 Remote Hi-Hat,
                        Hart ECII-12HHB Hi-Hat x 1,
                        CY-12R/C Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad x 1, CY-14C V-Cymbal Crash x 1,
                        Hart ECII-16RB Ride x 1,
                        13" and 14" Kit-Toys china,
                        10" Kit-Toys splash,
                        KD-8 Kick Trigger Pad x 1,
                        Trick Pro1-V double bass pedal,
                        MDS-6C Drum Stand x 1
                        sigpic
                        And ppl remember listen to Strapping Young Lad!

Comment

Working...
                        X