Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wireless LAN interference ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless LAN interference ???

the brain manual says "watch for RF interference." so, in general, has anyone tried a 802.11b (WiFi) LAN around thier studio ? Any problems ???

sorry for the very general question ... I cant participate in more than one forum at a time... i get too confuzed.

I don't have a dedicated midi computer, so I bring my ibook to my v-club set. The ibook has airport on all the time. To connect to the TM-6 I use the Roland / Edirol UM-4 usb/midi. I have not noticed anything.

Perhaps I should set it 2" away from the TD-6 cable input area with airport on and off and see if I notice anything. Any CPU / chipset / ram etc will put out all kinds of RF as well, depending on shielding.

Also, turn on your cell phone, and put it right next to your TD-x and see what happens.

Comment

I think all electronics have that warning. I have a couple drum brains racked up and I put my laptop with wifi card right on top of them with no issues.

Gabe
      Gabe Kangas
      DM5, D4, PD80R, CY-15, CY-6, Visu-lite Ride, DauZ's, Random Pintech stuff, BBE 362.

www.spasticsrecords.com/real-ity

Comment

Working...
      X