Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Namm 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namm 09

when i played video games and waited for e3 for the latest news. after quiting games, i thought namm was going to fill that void of anticipation.
    but so far i have heard very little and what i have heard had litle to do with drumming . dude from slayer haveing a signature kit from tama doesnt count.

is anyone here going to namm? do you know or speculate what we might see what are you hoping for.

i for one hope to see a new drum module from alesis like a customizable one sort of like a receptor or what a 2 box claims to be.
    maybe someone partners with toontrack to make a module but i'm only dreaming

either way i urge you to chime in and then weigh in when it's all said and done
    it's a good idea to have a cetralized thread to post links to videos and reviews
    binary solo! 000001 0000011 0000111 0001111 (oh)
    000001 (oh oh) 0000011 (oh) 00000111 (one) 00001111
    come on sucker lick my battery.
    Boogie,boogie, Robo boogie!
    boogie, Robo boogie

well, in addition to the 2boxx drumkit 5, there has suddenly been a hot rumour about a replacement for the td-3. And I am always hoping for an update to the spd-s. aside from that i am recovering from Holiday GAS and need sometime to reload and refinance....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I got my pass and am just trying to arrange travel plans. I might actually get there this year!

As for announcements, a lot of companies are really tight lipped until NAMM. We might see all sorts of cool things.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alexzeegreat View Post
        is anyone here going to namm? do you know or speculate what we might see what are you hoping for.

i for one hope to see a new drum module from alesis like a customizable one sort of like a receptor or what a 2 box claims to be.
        maybe someone partners with toontrack to make a module but i'm only dreaming
        I'm with you on this one. I actually did a post on edrumming.com about this very idea. I don't want to double post so here is a link:http://www.edrumming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6462
        It has been too long since Alesis put out a drum module. The DMPro was the last one (the Trigger I/O doesn't count), well anyway you can read about it over at edrumming.com. On a side note, I wounder what Roland is going to replace the TD3 with? Is the TD4 nothing but rumor? Only time will tell.
        alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

I'll be there on the last day, the 18th. Our band will be hanging out with some of our endorsment people. I am going to try to get over to the Roland drums and Pintech display. (And the Alesis if I have time). Sure would like to see someting new from Roland. The catalog looks like last years with a new cover.

Comment

For the uninitiated, what is namm?
            Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
            DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
            Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
            Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
            Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
            Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
            ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
            Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

http://www.namm.org/

North America Music Monstrosity?

a trade show for music manufacturers, wholesalers, and dealers to meet, release new products, and generally knooble with each other...

there is one in the winter, and one in the summer...europe has the frankfurt musikmesse in march....
              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

National Association of Music Merchandisers. It is a show held twice a year where manufacturers show their products. It is only open to retailers and the press.
                sigpic

Comment

Cool thanks! I figured it was a trade show of some kind.
                  Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
                  DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
                  Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
                  Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
                  Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
                  Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
                  ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
                  Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

Michael...I expect you and Drumslinger 50 to come by the booth and say hi!! I think you'll be particularly impressed with the set-up this year, I'll just say it would fit nicely with your show!! It is being done by one of our endorsed groups in CA and they have some kick ass metal work (at least from the pics they've sent me)!!

Brian

Comment

I'll be there bright and early the 1st day.... depending on my schedule and how many goodies I can't get around to ... maybe go back another day. I'll stop by for sure Brian... This is a dangerous time of the year..... building a shopping list months before products actually hit the shops..
                      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mutnat View Post
                        For the uninitiated, what is namm?
                        Not Available - Maybe March

Comment

Originally posted by john emrich View Post
                          Not Available - Maybe March
                          Or in some cases...Maybe May!

For those attending please drop by the Roland booth, say hello, and introduce yourself.

Mr. Render, I hope to see you there, and Jerry (Jman) looking forward to seeing you again!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post
                            Or in some cases...Maybe May!

For those attending please drop by the Roland booth, say hello, and introduce yourself.

Mr. Render, I hope to see you there, and Jerry (Jman) looking forward to seeing you again!
                            Roland booth is always my 1st stop Drew.... lookin forward to it... J
                            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Could someone take a video maybe, It'll be nice if the colony's get to see the guys and the show I don't mind hosting a few high quality 1 gig videos if I can help. Zoom me the dvd and I can get it done.
                              Nothing of importance here

Comment

Working...
                              X