Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Td-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td-10

About a year ago I purchased a used td-10 set up. The Rogers were to loud for the neighbors. Anyway, I want to improve the capabilities of the hi-hat, cymbals and kick. They feel very limited. Is upgrading to the td-20 the best option.
    Thanks

Limited in what way?
    My compact kit.

Comment

Hi-hat

I'd like the hi-hat to play/sound like my "acoustic" hi-hat.

Comment

It it's the expanded TD-10 can't you use a VH-11?
        www.ShadowDemon.us

Comment

Short answer: No, you can't. Well, yes you can but you don't get the full capabilities as you would with the 12/20 (and I think the 9).

The only way around this, aside from getting a 12/20 is to go the VST route and use a couple of freebie add-ons (loop be and the Chaotic Box MIDI remapper). But then you're having to get something like BFD, EZD, Superior 2.0, etc.

When you say "sound" assume you mean you want the full range of little sounds between open and closed on the HH. Again, the 3 state of the art HH hardware setups, Roland's VH11/12 and Hart's Epedal Pro II, are designed to work best with the 12/20.

Between that an interval control (for decent cymbal swells), those are the two main reasons to "upgrade".

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
            Short answer: No, you can't. Well, yes you can but you don't get the full capabilities as you would with the 12/20 (and I think the 9).
            yes the 9 and the new 4 as well...
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
            X