Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Is there some guide on PAs for E-Drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there some guide on PAs for E-Drums?

I've done some searching and didnt pull up much and have a YouTube member asking what he should look into.

He is triggering a 10 piece acoustic kit and keeping the cymbals and hat acoustic. DDrum triggers seems to be what he will use along with a Roland TD module of some kind.

I have seen some older Alesis combo style PAs used in the past but could not find any info on them though Google these days.

Any tips?

He wants to play medium sized gigs. I told him to join the forums here but he seems to want to just go though YouTube and ask me what is best...
    Dave
    Sonic Orb Studios
    My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
    Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

would this help?

once and for all PA/monitors:
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45206
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

thanks that helps a lot, I didn't even think to look in the stage section of the forums....TBH I dont even think I realized it was there LOL
      Dave
      Sonic Orb Studios
      My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a

Comment

Sigh. Momma told me there would be days like this.

There's also a recent thread somewhere else in here where a guy emphatically tells everybody what works best for an edrum PA. I haven't been able to integrate it into the "once and for all" post cuz of the character limitation of any given post. There's also another post about Samson cabinets which I'd like to get into the "brands" section.

Anyhoo, the "once and for all" piece should get you in the right direction.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

The Yamaha stagepas 500 pa makes for hi quality low cost Vdrum monitors.

I use 2 on stage and i get a big clear sound.

For front of house or even better monitor sound check out yamahas Msr 400s'. For the price the clarity and power is hard to beat.

All these speakers being active make it a peice of cake to setup and pack up.

The stagepas range even have a basic mixer with basic reverb. The mixer on the 500 has 4 phantom powered mic pres, and 3 stereo channels. I find this handy for small gigs and for tuning my monitors.

TOM
          ENLIGHTENMENT IS THE EGO'S BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Comment

That Yamaha stagepas 500 kit looks quite nice, I may sell my Behringer KX1200 one day and get the Yamaha. Every now and then I play small gigs for the family with my cousins and we end up using a guitar amp for vocals....drums usually are an acoustic rented kit....
            Dave
            Sonic Orb Studios
            My Youtube

Comment

Working...
            X