Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Just got Kit Toys for Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got Kit Toys for Christmas!

I have to say they sound FANTASTIC out of the box. They sound BETTER than the Roland cymbals. They put the Roland shat to shame. That's right, SHAT TO SHAME! They are so much brighter and crisp than the Roland cymbals. I might just go all kit toys. There really is no point to using ROLAND stuff. The Roland cymbals sound muddy and mushy. With a little tweaking they can be improved but the kit toys now dominate as the best sounding cymbals on my kit. Looks like I might have to order three more to replace the Roland stuff.
    Music is not my passion, it's my obsession...
    www.oblyvion.com
    Facebook:[Scych]
    You Tube Scychful
    Twitter:@Raakinn

Please Help Me

How Do The Kit Toys Sound Better When They Both Use A Module? Do They Trigger Better? Please Help Me Understand When You Say Sound Better.

Thanks

Comment

Well that's it, I'm taking the td-12 to the dump this arvo and ordering ThEsE, Bah HumBar Bug Roland Rubbish. happy xmas
      Nothing of importance here

Comment

You have to remember to plug the cymbals into the module, havyck

Comment

Originally posted by BIGWILL View Post
          How Do The Kit Toys Sound Better When They Both Use A Module? Do They Trigger Better? Please Help Me Understand When You Say Sound Better.

Thanks
          They are just louder, brighter and clearer sounding than the Roland cymbals. They have much better tone and they bring out the sound of each cymbal much more. They are just rockiner!
          www.oblyvion.com
          You Tube Scychful

Comment

Originally posted by havyck View Post
            They are just louder, brighter and clearer sounding than the Roland cymbals. They have much better tone and they bring out the sound of each cymbal much more. They are just rockiner!
            Sounds like you've been imbibing of the Xmas spirits a bit too much...lol

How Do The Kit Toys Sound Better When They Both Use A Module?
            They don't....the sound source is exactly the same.
            The trigger might be a tad hotter but in terms of tone, it ain't gonna affect anything in the module. Only your tweaking will do that..
            On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
            With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
            Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
            "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

Originally posted by sox View Post
              Sounds like you've been imbibing of the Xmas spirits a bit too much...lol

They don't....the sound source is exactly the same.
              The trigger might be a tad hotter but in terms of tone, it ain't gonna affect anything in the module. Only your tweaking will do that..
              Right which is exactly what prompted this quote.

"Seriously, you'd think that hardware would be hardware and play the same across kits. It doesn't."

How long have you had your kit toys, which ones do you have?
              www.oblyvion.com
              You Tube Scychful

Comment

Right which is exactly what prompted this quote.

"Seriously, you'd think that hardware would be hardware and play the same across kits. It doesn't."

How long have you had your kit toys, which ones do you have?
                Well, since you ask... I have the 10" splash and the 13" china...and I've had them probably about 6 months...

Any change in the tonality of the sounds will be psychological, nothing will have changed in the module.
                With your logic, hooking up a PD125 will give a different tonality on the cymbal just as much as a Kit Toys cymbal.

It is only a trigger for the sound. DIY pads and cymbals will sound the same as a Roland made one or Kit Toys one. The main difference would be in the velocity response of the different note-on triggers
                On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
                With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
                Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
                "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

My new keyboard for my PC makes my typed text a whole lot sharper too....
                  DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
                  Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

Roland TD-10 module
                  Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

Comment

"But......these go to ELEVEN!"

Glad you like them, Havyck

Comment

Originally posted by sox View Post
                      Well, since you ask... I have the 10" splash and the 13" china...and I've had them probably about 6 months...

Any change in the tonality of the sounds will be psychological, nothing will have changed in the module.
                      With your logic, hooking up a PD125 will give a different tonality on the cymbal just as much as a Kit Toys cymbal.

It is only a trigger for the sound. DIY pads and cymbals will sound the same as a Roland made one or Kit Toys one. The main difference would be in the velocity response of the different note-on triggers
                      Naaaaah! They sound better.
                      www.oblyvion.com
                      You Tube Scychful

Comment

plus 2

..Im with havyck, too..

..the Kit-Toys are hotter triggering wise and they sound somewhat "clearer" to me..

..I told Mike this some months ago and he wrote in return that a salesman in a music shop had told him exactly the same thing, too.

P.
                        Drum-Tec Diabolo 12" Snare
                        Hart Professional Kicks, Snare, 10" Toms, Racks
                        Roland TD-30 Module, V-Cymbals CY-5, CY-14s. CY-15s, VH-11
                        Trick Detonator Bigfoot Pedals
                        Ultimate Ears UE-7 Pro
                        Yamaha BP-80s

Comment

Thanks Peter. It's pretty obvious right away that the kit toys trigger VERY cleanly. I'm hearing more clarity in the tone of the cymbal. Also, I think there is something about playing a trigger that looks and FEELS like the cymbal it's supposed to mimic. I wouldn't want to use one of the Roland CY14 c cymbals as a splash or a china. With the kit toys, you get the look and feel of a china and a splash. The smaller size of the splash for instance really gives you the sense you are hitting a splash and the feel of the response helps your playing. The same goes for the china. You can really strike the china just like you would a real china and you get a GREAT response back. It's so much better than hitting those little triggering areas on the SPDS pads. My kit is a lot more fun to beat up on these days. So far, VERY happy with the kit toys!
                          www.oblyvion.com
                          You Tube Scychful

Comment

Thanks Peter. It's pretty obvious right away that the kit toys trigger VERY cleanly. I'm hearing more clarity in the tone of the cymbal...
                            This is something you can easily accomplish with the stock Roland cymbals (or any other cymbals for that matter) by raising the trigger sensitivity a few notches.

Comment

Originally posted by flurbs View Post
                              This is something you can easily accomplish with the stock Roland cymbals (or any other cymbals for that matter) by raising the trigger sensitivity a few notches.
                              Yes, I know. I've done that. I'm looking at the configuration of the roland triggers and the kit toy triggers. It's a vex kit I'm using so there might be some difference in the setup. But the aux inputs sound WAY better than the two cymbal inputs for some reason.
                              www.oblyvion.com
                              You Tube Scychful

Comment

Working...
                              X