Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Triggers or Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggers or Kit?

Do to the lack of analog inputs I currently cannot not record live drums as of yet however I have had success with an old Hart Prodigy kit and DM4 triggering VST drums. I sold the kit and module because I wanted to move up to a better solution with duel zone triggers. I am considering the below options and am looking for some suggestions or recommendations.

I am debating to either purchase a Hart Dynamics Studio pro 6.4 Kit for my studio with a either a TD3 module or Alesis Trigger I/O. (which is better for triggering VST Drums?)

Or, purchase some professional Ddrum triggers to be used on an acoustic kit along with either Hart, Alesis, or Smartrigger cymbals and hat. My question is will the triggers do as good as a job as the E-kit?

Well after some outside research and threads I have decided to go with a Roland TD-20 and Hart Dynamics Pro 6.4 drum kit for my studio. Trigger I/O and DDrum triggers in the opinons of those who have tested and tried do not work very well for getting the best VST drum recordings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrick View Post
      Well after some outside research and threads I have decided to go with a Roland TD-20 and Hart Dynamics Pro 6.4 drum kit for my studio.
      Sweet! That's the direction I hope to go the next time I upgrade kits. Congrats! Be sure to post pics of your set once you get everything together.
      >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Thanks Val,
        Well I may have jumpped the gun on statiting I am going with a Hart Pro 6.4 and the TD-20. I was looking into some other threads recently and see that RET Percussion makes a great E-drum kit as well. I understand it also is designed around the Alesis Trigger I/O VST drum software. This is would save me a considerable amount of money not having to purchase the TD-20 being I would only be using about 10% of the devices features just to trigger drum software. I am looking into this a bit further before I make a final decision.

Comment

Working...
        X