Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Ballistech mesh head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballistech mesh head

Anyone have experience with these Billy Blast mesh heads?
    I am looking for 18" dia. I have added link and description below.

http://billyblastdrums.easystorecreator.com/

"Brand New Single Ply Ballistech White Mesh Heads
    These Mesh Heads are a New Douro Material and Coated with Silicon for strength that has the feel of a traditional Mylar Head. This is a real break thru in Mesh Head Technology. Perfect for electronic triggering or silent practicing. The heads will fit all acoustic drums, and comes in the following sizes. 8”, 10” 12” 13”, 14”, 16”, 18”, 20”, & 22”. These heads are not like any Mesh Heads you have played before. The material is a brand new single ply heavy duty mesh with a Condura Nylon Patch that won’t wear out. “Even if you’re a heavy hitter”.

I just got my new Billy Blast "Ballistech" mesh heads for my Billy Blast "Blastech" set, what a difference! More like real heads and they are bullet proof! I'm a hard hitter (even on electric) and they can take it. It's a whole new concept, single ply and different material. Different drummers use my set and some are not used to playing electric and they have no problem adjusting with these heads they say.
    I had an old junky acoustic set, I've just restored it to a beauty with all Billy Blast parts (lugs, hoops, rims, floor tom legs and tom holder) and converted it to a mini/maxi set by making the 16" floor tom able to convert into a bass drum, 12" bass mounted tom and converting the 13" tom into a floor tom. It can also be used as a full size set with it's 22" bass drum.
    My plan is to put some Billy Blast "Ballistech" heads with his "Blaster's" triggers (which i also use with my Billy Blast acoustic drums for larger shows) and make a mini electric set using the 16" Bass configuration as size doesn't matter with electrics, giving me a more portable set and taking up less space on some of the smaller stages we play on. I'll get ya some photos once i get it up and running.
    I use a Roland SR-5 sound module.
    Billy Blast Rules!

Comment

Originally posted by halfcocked View Post
      I just got my new Billy Blast "Ballistech" mesh heads for my Billy Blast "Blastech" set, what a difference! More like real heads and they are bullet proof! I'm a hard hitter (even on electric) and they can take it. It's a whole new concept, single ply and different material. Different drummers use my set and some are not used to playing electric and they have no problem adjusting with these heads they say.
      I had an old junky acoustic set, I've just restored it to a beauty with all Billy Blast parts (lugs, hoops, rims, floor tom legs and tom holder) and converted it to a mini/maxi set by making the 16" floor tom able to convert into a bass drum, 12" bass mounted tom and converting the 13" tom into a floor tom. It can also be used as a full size set with it's 22" bass drum.
      My plan is to put some Billy Blast "Ballistech" heads with his "Blaster's" triggers (which i also use with my Billy Blast acoustic drums for larger shows) and make a mini electric set using the 16" Bass configuration as size doesn't matter with electrics, giving me a more portable set and taking up less space on some of the smaller stages we play on. I'll get ya some photos once i get it up and running.
      I use a Roland SR-5 sound module.
      Billy Blast Rules!
      What exactly is a Roland SR-5 sound module? If you don't mind me asking.
      alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

I really like the looks of some of the drums there, but man that site always gives me a headache.

And re: the Roland SR-5 -- isn't that the cheap Roland knock-off of the Alesis DM5 and SR16?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of picking up those heads for my DIY kit.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X