Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

E-kit Music Stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-kit Music Stand?

I'm needing a music stand but got to thinking how great it'd be if there was one that fit straight onto a Roland stand using a standard clamp rather than a floor-standing jobbie, would be neater and save some space.

No luck on the official site, anyone know of any such thing? I guess one could be fabricated but if such a thing already exists ...
    My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

music stand for drum rack?

Music Stand on Frame

Music stand ideas?

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce but the items in the links are either not available from the eBay seller any longer or DIY needing bits that are US-centric (at first glance).

Was hoping for something out of the box but maybe out of luck on that front.

Comment

How about this one:

Stagg MUS-ARM 2 Orchestral Music Stand, £14.67 + £5.00 shipping at www.normans.co.uk

Bruce

Comment

Thanks for that, looked ideal at first but on closer inspection this might not work as maximum clamp size is 35mm so less than 1.5" (if that's that the standard Roland size) which is 38mm.

Also, the way it's positioned means it would not work on a cross-bar, only an upright.

Comment

You could attach it to one of the tom bars that the pads attach to. Have the horizontal bar on the stand face away from the kit and then turn the page-holder part around to face you.
            Now I want one!

Comment

Nice bit of lateral thinking there The tom bars are 1/2" 13mm) & it has a minimum of 14mm but I'm sure I can add a shim in there.

Looking at the adjustability of it I reckon I could fit it on the hi-hats bar or any of the toms so I think that's a buy - thanks guys

Comment

I have a portable stand (slightly better quality than the "wire" stands students use), that fits into a Gibralter clamp quite nicely. Just pull the upper column out of the leg assempbly and clamp it on.
                Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

I agree with Stick. This was a simple cheap solution if it helps.
                  I haven't followed the whole thread so I hope this isn't redundant info.
                  Happy Holidays!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, I haven't ordered it yet as I wasn't sure if the stand can be turned 180 Degrees (looks like it can in the picture) so called the store, the guy kindly said he'd go and check then let me know so awaiting a call back.

Thanks for the pics, this set-up looks even better! Can I trouble you to let me know the Gibraltar clamp part number/description and maybe more details of the portable stand please if you have them to hand?

PS: And noticed "A Funky Primer" on the stand, a book I shall be purchasing at some time!

UPDATE: OK, just to save people digging up info etc. I got the information I needed, the stand will swivel 180 Degrees so now ordered, will let you know how it works out!
                    Last edited by kismet110; 12-23-08, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Well after only ordering it late yesterday afternoon I was surprised to see it turn up today, fantastic service from Paul at StringsDirect

Some pics to show how it worked out in case others are interested:

Had to move the crash up a little to be aid visibility but so far so good, thanks BarT for the original tip-off

Comment

Light

What light is being used on this stand? It looks lik its plugged into the drum module..is it powered by a 1/4 jack?

K
                        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

No power is output by any 1/4" jack. I'll wager that the light you see is a USB powered (5V) LED laptop light.
                          *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

Originally posted by Soundofmind View Post
                            No power is output by any 1/4" jack. I'll wager that the light you see is a USB powered (5V) LED laptop light.
                            I was guessing that, but is there a USB port on that module? The TD20 doesn't even have one!

K
                            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                              I was guessing that, but is there a USB port on that module? The TD20 doesn't even have one!
                              Yes. (TD-9.)

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X