Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland CY-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizzard
    replied
    [QUOTE=Stevey192;357708]
    Originally posted by Wizzard View Post
    Hi everyone and Merry Christmas to all,

I bought a Roland CY-8 cymbal for adding to my TD-20. QUOTE] How much did you pay for the cymbol?
    I paid $70.00.

Leave a comment:

• Stevey192
    replied
    [QUOTE=Wizzard;357273]Hi everyone and Merry Christmas to all,

I bought a Roland CY-8 cymbal for adding to my TD-20. QUOTE] How much did you pay for the cymbol?

Leave a comment:

• Wizzard
    replied
    Hey guys I followed your advice and got it to work. All I had to do was go into the trigger feature and increase the sensitivity. It's loud as hell now! Thanks for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Wizzard
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercules View Post
    Hi Wizzard,

P44 of the TD-20 manual describes how to select the trigger type.

but.... I also have a CY-8 that has lower output than any of the other triggers regardless of the pad type selected, so you still may need to juggle the mixer in your TD-20 to balance the outputs.
    Hercules,

Thanks for your input. I'll check the manual. I was about to go back to Guitar Center to return the cymbal. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Hi Wizzard,

P44 of the TD-20 manual describes how to select the trigger type.

but.... I also have a CY-8 that has lower output than any of the other triggers regardless of the pad type selected, so you still may need to juggle the mixer in your TD-20 to balance the outputs.

Leave a comment:

• Wizzard
    replied
    Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
    First things first. Is the trigger setting set to CY-8 on the module? If the module thinks it is something else, it could produce the scenario you describe.
    I apologize for my ignorance. How do I set the trigger setting for the cymbal on the module? I thought it was like plug in play. Thanks for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Colquhoun
    replied
    First things first. Is the trigger setting set to CY-8 on the module? If the module thinks it is something else, it could produce the scenario you describe.

Leave a comment:

• Wizzard
    started a topic Roland CY-8

Roland CY-8

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas to all,

I bought a Roland CY-8 cymbal for adding to my TD-20. The problem I'm having is that the volume on the CY-8 is very low compared to the rest of the cymbals on the TD-20. Is there anything I need to do in order to make it sound as loud (or close) to the rest of my cymbals? This one is probably going back to Guitar Center tomorrow. Thanks for your input.
Working...
X