Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

tdw-20 hi hat function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdw-20 hi hat function?

i'd like to get some feedback about the playability of the hi hat (post transplant) as far as foot function is? i have to set my hat pedal plate a lot higher than i would with a traditional hat. there are a lot of folks on this site who have complained about "linkage" problems with e-hats. so i'd like to know if the new tdw improves this? btw i use a dw 9000. i have tried every position. using the highest pedal plate position releaved any "choking" issues with the standard td-20. any difference with the new tdw-20?
    :D "I'm not the worst drummer in the world. But if he dies...":(

For my part, I get a lot less of the annoying problem of the cymbal self-choking when playing in the partially open position. Pre-TDW, it was common to have the cymbal sound the "fully-closed" note when striking it with the cymbals slightly open, due to the fact that the strike often moves the top cymbal down slightly, sending the wrong MIDI signal. Now that rarely happens.

There is significantly more nuance and better playability in the slightly open range "post transplant". I am very pleased with the difference.
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Agree. The VH-12 played better immediately after the TDW-20 install, with no additional tweaking. Much less problems with self-choking...

Comment

Agree with stickinthemud. I was happy with the VH-12 before the upgrade, plugn play right out of the box. Now its even better. The only thing Ive noticed is this selfchoking when having the "cymbals" at too close range, as mentioned below.
        2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

thanks for the replies!
          :D "I'm not the worst drummer in the world. But if he dies...":(

Comment

Working...
          X