Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

MDS-9 Drum Stand Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDS-9 Drum Stand Accessories

Can someone with a TD-9 and the MDS-9 stand say for certain if the little collars on the top of the main upright tubes that the cymbal mounts slide into, are a seperate removeable piece or are an integral part of the tube?

I've emailed Roland Canada about the part numbers if available seperately, but I haven't heard back from them yet and the MDS-9 user manual is rather vague in this regard.

See attached image for clarification. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Jack

Sabre's Album

They are separate from the tube and are removable.

While I cannot confirm this, I'm assuming they're available as a spare part. Mind you, having done a search on the web, I found one place selling the MDS-9 rack complete for £155 (or currently around 310 Canadian dollars)... which seems kinda cheap to me. I did a GAS job and priced up a DW rack equivalent... it probably won't suprise a few of you to learn that the total was 'banging on the door' of 'four-figures' in anyone's currency...

Nice rack, mind...

But that's the sort of thing that makes me think that Roland have made the racks 'complete to quantity'... and therefore, 'spare parts' are usually unavailable.

I prepare to be 'stood corrected'...

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
      They are separate from the tube and are removable.
      Confirmed. Comes off with a drum key.

I would expect it may be a tough find.
      But why not try the Gibraltar equivalent?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...RBA?sku=446135

Comment

The Roland part # is SCPTMD0033 - "Cymbal Arm Holder Assembly"... around $10 USD.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks guys!

Colquhoun, thanks for reminding me of the Gibraltar option.
          I had seen that before but completely forgot about it.

Thanks for the part number Drew - any chance you have a PN for the hi-hat mount as well?

Again, thanks for the responses...
          Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
            any chance you have a PN for the hi-hat mount as well?
            Yes. Part # SCPTMD0035 - "HiHat Arm Assembly"...considerably more than $10 USD however.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post
              Yes. Part # SCPTMD0035 - "HiHat Arm Assembly"...considerably more than $10 USD however.
              Go Drew....Go Drew......

You know what would be cool...a parts list of everything in the TD9 kits. Many manufacturers used to do this at the back of the owner's manuals.
              But then again, they also used to provide schematics for all the electronics....I can hardly see Roland doing THAT.

Comment

Drew-

Please, do tell the price of the Hi-hat mount!!! I would really like to add one to my MDS-6 stand, once I get a CY-5 for the TD-6V (Doh! What language do we speak 'round here, anyway?!)

I went as far as calling Roland, almost a month ago, to get that part #. Of course, they were out of stock. I completely forgot to get a price!
                *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

Thank you very much kind sir.

Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

The Roland part # is SCPTMD0033 - "Cymbal Arm Holder Assembly"... around $10 USD.
                    That's cheap in the States. I bet it'll be 4 times this price in Aussie.
                    Am I correct that this gadget connects a 7/8" tube to a 1.5" tube? If so, it should work on MDS-3 too?
                    My compact kit.

Comment

Yes, that is correct. It should work on an MDS-3, Gibraltar also make a similar device.

Comment

Thanks, ige87!
                        My compact kit.

Comment

No probs!

Comment

Working...
                          X