Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Darn GAS!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Darn GAS!!

    Ok so I just got my new TD-9SX a week ago and have done nothing but spend freaking $ since. Let's see, bought some high end headphones, cables to hook up my iPod and stereo, a roc-n-soc nitro w/ backrest, and a RockBand adapter (so I can geek out and hook up the drums to play the game).

    Then I felt like the set was just not complete and looked a bit empty so I bought a used CY-15R (planning on using the CY12 as a 2nd crash). Ok so I should be done now right? NO! So here's my next one... I want to add a 4th Tom and my crazy brain is now thinking that I should get a PD-125 to use as a larger snare and move the PD-105 to the 4th Tom position thinking that would feel and look COOL.

    Is this CRAZY??? Should I just by the cheaper PD-85 instead to match the other 3? Anyway, does anyone know if mounting the PD-125 in the existing PD-105 mount presents a problem?

    Thanks!
    My Gased Out TD9SX

    sigpic

    More pics at http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=115

  • #2
    Generally PD-125s seem to be mounted on a snare stand but these are quite cheap.... but you must be running out of ports by now!!! - I'm sure you can add another module and a few more pads and cymbals soon

    gas bay-be

    Comment


    • #3
      GAS. There is no end to it. I am buying stuff I don't even have an immediate use for, for Pete's sake. Probably sell it on eBay some day so I can buy other stuff. Oh well, I guess that's what hobbies are for...
      Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by netsurfr View Post
        does anyone know if mounting the PD-125 in the existing PD-105 mount presents a problem?

        Thanks!
        Yes...the 105 will look funny over there next to those little 85's so you will need at least one more 105 to keep it company and of course you will need more inputs....
        chris :D

        Comment


        • #5
          You need as many pads as humanly possible. And maybe a few more modules. Mwah ha ha!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by netsurfr View Post
            Ok so I just got my new TD-9SX a week ago and have done nothing but spend freaking $ since. Let's see, bought some high end headphones, cables to hook up my iPod and stereo, a roc-n-soc nitro w/ backrest, and a RockBand adapter (so I can geek out and hook up the drums to play the game).

            Then I felt like the set was just not complete and looked a bit empty so I bought a used CY-15R (planning on using the CY12 as a 2nd crash). Ok so I should be done now right? NO! So here's my next one... I want to add a 4th Tom and my crazy brain is now thinking that I should get a PD-125 to use as a larger snare and move the PD-105 to the 4th Tom position thinking that would feel and look COOL.

            Is this CRAZY??? Should I just by the cheaper PD-85 instead to match the other 3? Anyway, does anyone know if mounting the PD-125 in the existing PD-105 mount presents a problem?

            Thanks!
            Wow, you've got a serious bout of GAS if it's only been a week since you got it

            Joking aside had my TD9-KX just over a week, only 'extras' I've purchased so far are a mini-stereo lead to connect CD Player/Omnia via the MIX IN, modded GH:WT Controller for RB2 fun and some duct foam/plywood to make the riser/platform this weekend.

            However, things I've earmarked for purchase in the very near future are VEX Kits, better headphones/amplifier, PA/Monitor and, like yourself, another cymbal/arm so I can have a 2nd crash.

            <sigh> I mostly blame this site ...
            My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              STEP. BACK. FROM. THE. CREDIT. CARD.

              Do not listen to the pathetic group of enablers known as the Vdrums GASaholics. Render is the President of the organization (I believe he overthrew Jman in a coup last year but things were crazy at the time because of the flood of headphones questions). More pads, more arms, more modules, these people are essential the edrumming equivalent of a Jerry Springer Show. Classic enablers all.

              I mean do you really *need* a 4th tom? Try playing with just three and you'll find that 99&#37; of the time, you're not missing the 4th. Now, a second crash is mandatory.

              www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
              TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

              Comment


              • #8
                I decided to forgo the PD-125 and just buy a used PD-105 & use that as a "floor" Tom. Now I have to learn about "splitting" so I can give up some of the rim shots on the Toms and add a few more cymbals. Can someone point me to a thread that discusses splitting because I have no idea how to do that.
                My Gased Out TD9SX

                sigpic

                More pics at http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=115

                Comment


                • #9
                  a 4 th tom ? i started with rubbers and now i got 8.Sorry not my fault,i had the mondor and the SP cage as wallpapers.....hehe.
                  seriously now,..i think u should start from a second module...hehe sorry can't help it
                  Ex E-kits:
                  ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                  ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                  current E-kit
                  ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

                  A-kit
                  " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

                  check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by netsurfr View Post
                    I decided to forgo the PD-125 and just buy a used PD-105 & use that as a "floor" Tom. Now I have to learn about "splitting" so I can give up some of the rim shots on the Toms and add a few more cymbals. Can someone point me to a thread that discusses splitting because I have no idea how to do that.
                    Sanity prevailed then If you're only going to add a 2nd crash then no 'splitting' necessary as the TD9 has provision for two extra inputs? However, if you plan to turn your kit into a mock-up of a Spanish beach in high season (think about it) that's a different story ...
                    My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sanity (sort-of)

                      Sanity kinda prevailed. I guess I don't need to split anything. I'm just adding an extra pad (pd-105) as a 4th Tom to the Aux port and I will have a 2nd Crash to the Crash 2 port. This will give me 1 snare, 4 toms, 2 crashes, 1 cymbal & 1 HH. Ok I'm done w/ GAS now!

                      Originally posted by kismet110 View Post
                      Sanity prevailed then If you're only going to add a 2nd crash then no 'splitting' necessary as the TD9 has provision for two extra inputs? However, if you plan to turn your kit into a mock-up of a Spanish beach in high season (think about it) that's a different story ...
                      My Gased Out TD9SX

                      sigpic

                      More pics at http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=115

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Are you sure ?
                        You might need a china , a splash , some roto toms , some cowbells , or some percussion .
                        Have you also ever thought about a second kick ?
                        Ex E-kits:
                        ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                        ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                        current E-kit
                        ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

                        A-kit
                        " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

                        check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hampis View Post
                          Are you sure ?
                          You might need a china , a splash , some roto toms , some cowbells , or some percussion .
                          Have you also ever thought about a second kick ?
                          Hampis, just because you went from a td6 to a monster 12 in record time, doesnt mean you must give GAS to everyone else!

                          I'm quite sure that EVERYONE realises they must have more cowbells. and a better module. and a new frame...and more pedals than toes....enough cymbals to armour plate a giraffe....toms that range from high bongos to low enough to be used in taiko....oh dear, will the SANITY never end??
                          Last edited by saku; 12-21-08, 11:54 AM.
                          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think I'm good now. I wanted a larger ride and second crash so now w/ the cy-15r I can use the cy-12 as my second crash & the pd-105 will be used as a larger floor/4th tom. I can map cowbell, etc... to Tom rims. Good to go!
                            My Gased Out TD9SX

                            sigpic

                            More pics at http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=115

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by saku View Post
                              Hampis, just because you went from a td6 to a monster 12 in record time, doesnt mean you must give GAS to everyone else!

                              I'm quite sure that EVERYONE realises they must have more cowbells. and a better module. and a new frame...and more pedals than toes....enough cymbals to armour plate a giraffe....toms that range from high bongos to low enough to be used in taiko....oh dear, will the SANITY never end??
                              You forgot the spd's
                              Ex E-kits:
                              ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                              ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                              current E-kit
                              ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

                              A-kit
                              " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

                              check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X