Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking version no. on TDW-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking version no. on TDW-20

I just noticed the other day that the procedure for checking the module version is not the same as it was with the TD-20. Haven't searched the manual. but has anyone found the procedure for the TDW-20/ Bruce, ya out there? J
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

I think it was changed before TDW-20/2.01, probably by version 1.08: Viewing the Current Rom Version (TD-20 1.08/1.09).

I believe it's totally undocumented, but the procedure now appears to be:

1. Power on while holding the EFFECTS SWITCH, AMBIENCE, and MASTER COMP/EQ buttons.

2. Once the display shows the DRUM KIT menu, release the buttons, and press TOOLS, INFO (F2), VERSION (F5) (not SETUP followed by F4 as before).

However, your mileage may vary!

Bruce

Comment

OK ,,, thanks Bruce.... actually when I was starting to follow that formula... Not sure you have to press anything when powering up with the TDW-20. Just press Tools, F5 (B), F1 (Info) F5 (version) and it shows 2.01 .... or is that just the generic no. and after we have future updates that won't tell all??
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I forgot about the new B before INFO.

It would be good if we could eventually define clear steps for both expanded and unexpanded TD-20 users, but Roland are certainly not making it easy.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X