Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using two modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using two modules

Hi all. Before I venture out and buy an ekit, I want to know all about them. So, I was wondering if it's possible to connect to modules to allow for more inputs, but still hear all of the sound out of headphones or an amp. This is probably a pretty newby question, but I am a techno noob and don't know too much about the world of ekits.
    Thanks
    Kerry

Yep, this is no problem whatsoever. The easiest way to do it is via the mix-in jack between the two modules. With two Roland modules, this is simple. You will hear all sounds through you headphones or amp. The other way is via MIDI, but it's a little more complicated, but not that hard. What two modules are you going to use?
    Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
    "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

you can always simply run a cable from the audio out of a module to the mix in of the other module...alternately, run both modules to a small mixer and listen to the mixer - either through headphones or via an amp...this means that you use the sounds of both modules

if you have a cheaper module (say a td3 or a td-6) and a bigger module (like a td-9 or a td 20), and you want only to use the sounds of the better module, you can connect them via midi, though some of the editing paremetres are lost - but the sound quality is retained.

if you search on this site, you will find some threads about this.
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Well, I'm looking at getting a td3 or td6 now, and then in the future, me only being 16, it'll be easier and cheaper for me to say get a td3 so I can expand my amount of pads. It just won't be possible for me to fork out 1000+ pounds for a better module. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Working...
        X