Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have this? just curious ...[Electronic Hi Hat Controller for Roland TD Module]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have this? just curious ...[Electronic Hi Hat Controller for Roland TD Module]

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Electronic-Hi-Hat...1%7C240%3A1318

might be interested in picking one up.

I wouldn't know. All I can say is I hope his product is better than his grammar, spelling, and video production skills.

One thing for sure. I don't need a "monetary on and off controller(s)", since I am already married.

Comment

Interesting little gizmo that. Not ever seen one, but looks like not a bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
        I wouldn't know. All I can say is I hope his product is better than his grammar, spelling, and video production skills.

One thing for sure. I don't need a "monetary on and off controller(s)", since I am already married.
        Give him a break - he's Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
          Hey I resemble that remark!

He sounds kinda drunk in the install video though. Must have had a few too many Crown & Ginger's before recording the audio.
          Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
          DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
          Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
          Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
          Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
          Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
          ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
          Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

I should have looked more closely at that before making my snide remark. I was thinking "Is the author Asian?", but then watched the video and tossed that notion aside. I certainly have no right to criticize the grammar or spelling of a person whose first language is not English (being monoligual -that is to say, American), but I will stand by my criticism of his video. While I'm lashing out, I think it's weird that he doesn't demo the variable aspect of the device. Muy importante if you ask me.

Anyway, hats off to the guy for putting this device together, especially if it handles the variable settings as well as the VH11 or 12 paired with the TD20 or (dare we hope) the TDW20.

Comment

Hey KevH... Just had a look at yer siggy pic, (nice kit by the way) what hats are you using there?....

Comment

Originally posted by Jessabert View Post
                Hey KevH... Just had a look at yer siggy pic, (nice kit by the way) what hats are you using there?....
                It's a Hart Studio Hi-Hat, basically the studio version of the ECII Bronze. I have a Hart variable pedal, though it's playing up and may be replaced with a Roland.

Comment

I've seen this before.. can't remember if it was here or else where.

Anyway, it's cheap enough to give it a try and not feel too bad if it's not all it's cracked up to be.

-I think he (the guy making them) was lurking here for a while or is possibly a v-drum member though if memory serves correct....???

E
                  - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Here's the odd thing. He's listing this on Ebay Canada, eh. And yet, his location is Belleville IL. Now, two of our band members work in Belleville, in fact, one lives just 6 miles from there.

And doesn't this gizmo look like the one used on the VH-11? Heh heh, he better be careful, otherwise, Roland's Mongol Horde of lawyers will be all over him like white on rice, or flies on poop ifyouknowwhatImean.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                    Last edited by grog; 12-16-08, 09:02 AM.
                    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
                      ifyouknowwhatImean.

-no please explain..

Now that you mentioned that.. I found it a bit curious too...maybe hoping Roland Canada is less self aware than Roland US...???

E
                      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

And another thing.

He doesn't list the TD-10 in his list of modules.

Makes no sense.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

And another thing.

He doesn't list the TD-10 in his list of modules.

Makes no sense.

No TD10??? WTF??? Lousy Illinois Canadians...(which I happen to be one of LOL)

Probably just an oversight by the I.C.V.D.C. - Illinois Canadian V-Drum Community- I'll look into it.

Seriously I recall seeing this on "a site"...I thought it was here..maybe elsewhere.. ???

-did anyone check to see if he's a member?

I forgot to mention - the Roland Vh-11 controller...not the whole cymbal etc, just the part that does the "variable deal" on the hat stand...was (is?) available separately. Last time I checked was right around $82. That was earlier this year though..might be a few bucks more now.

E
                          Last edited by evil1rox; 12-16-08, 09:33 AM. Reason: forgot the vh11 bit

Comment

Here's the odd thing. He's listing this on Ebay Canada, eh. And yet, his location is Belleville IL. Now, two of our band members work in Belleville, in fact, one lives just 6 miles from there.

And doesn't this gizmo look like the one used on the VH-11? Heh heh, he better be careful, otherwise, Roland's Mongol Horde of lawyers will be all over him like white on rice, or flies on poop ifyouknowwhatImean.

This guy has been selling this hi-hat controller and other edrum stuff for a couple of years now. I don't think he is making a big enough blip on Roland radar for them to do anything. Look at it this way, you guys are just now seeing it for the first time yet, he has been selling this for about a year. If it took most of us until now to notice, why would have Roland noticed any sooner? Just a thought.
                            alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Well, if it does everything he says, it's a really slick controller.

If I'd known about the VH-11 controller earlier, I might have gone that route instead of the Hart Pedal II Pro.

It's a slick, low-profile setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X