Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compare and Contrast These Products (TD6 vs TD8 and FD6 vs FD8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare and Contrast These Products (TD6 vs TD8 and FD6 vs FD8)

I've been thinking of getting a TD8 but what advantages does it hold over the TD6V (besides the obvious faders)? Is there anything that the 6 can do that the 8 can not?

Also, I've been using an FD6 with several modules since the beginning of time. It's always worked fine. Is there something I'm missing with the FD8? I can't really see a reason to "upgrade" but I could be convinced.

Thanks for the input!

Originally posted by Mixxit View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a TD8 but what advantages does it hold over the TD6V (besides the obvious faders)?
    COSM (V-Edit), Positional Sensing (Snare) and User Percussion Sets would be the main things, but there are a few minor added features too (e.g. Click to Phones only):

TD-6 vs TD-8

Is there anything that the 6 can do that the 8 can not?
    99 kits, not 64.

Also, I've been using an FD6 with several modules since the beginning of time. It's always worked fine. Is there something I'm missing with the FD8? I can't really see a reason to "upgrade" but I could be convinced.
    No, I use both interchangeably on a larger and a smaller kit and can't tell the difference.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks for the info and the link. I promise I searched that exact phrase (TD-6 vs TD-8) and got no results!

Comment

Thanks for the info and the link. I promise I searched that exact phrase (TD-6 vs TD-8) and got no results!
        the search function works better without hyphens: td6 vs td8. annoyingly enough.
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Annoying indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X