Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osp Dd502mkii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osp Dd502mkii

Well, I broke down and ordered the OSP set because of my impatience. Without knowing much in the Electronic Drum area, I have to say I'm actually really impressed. I don't have much to compare to, but the pads feel pretty dang nice. I was expecting a pile of poo to come in the mail after hearing what alot of people had to say, and if these don't fall apart in a week (which I don't think they will) then I think it was worth the money.

The one thing that does grab my attention is the lack of voices on the module. I figured most of them would sound like drums, but half or more of them are just some retarded sounds.

Setup took me about 45mins-an hour, and the thing went together smoothly. Got them hooked up to some headphones and my computer, and I got to learn a full song last night, Dani California by the RHCP.

I have to say getting off of Rock Band and going to something more real was a very good choice. We'll see how these Edrums hold up, and maybe I won't regret buying them, atleast I don't right now.

Well, glad to hear you like your kit! Do tell us if it holds up or not, because that is what I for one, have warned people about, and it would be good to know if I am out of line!

keep learning those songs!

best wishes
    saku
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by b3lac View Post
      Well, I broke down and ordered the OSP set because of my impatience. Without knowing much in the Electronic Drum area, I have to say I'm actually really impressed. I don't have much to compare to, but the pads feel pretty dang nice. I was expecting a pile of poo to come in the mail after hearing what alot of people had to say, and if these don't fall apart in a week (which I don't think they will) then I think it was worth the money.
      The way people perceive "feel" is based on what they are use to playing. Since most edrummer started with acoustics, they expect electronic drums to feel identical. It is kind of a shame really, not many drummers look at edrums through the prism of it being a different instrument then their acoustic brother. Some players don't like that mesh drums are more bouncy then acoustic and some don't like that rubber bounces differently than acoustic. So, it is all in what you are use to. I'm glad to hear you are happy with your kit, because in the end that is all that matters.
      alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Working...
      X