Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDW-20 == after the install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW-20 == after the install

Just curious how many have formatted and used the CF card delivered with the TDW-20 AFTER a successful upgrade. I've been reluctant to do so, keeping it as a 'backup'. I don't know any reason I need a backup of the upgrade software, but I'm doing so anyway. I'm continuing to use my original CF card, leaving the upgrade card intact.

Lyle

edit : should be TDW-20 in the title
    and the jukebox plays..... !! (the Nails - Home of the Brave )

E-set : TDW-20, 2 up & 2 down, VH-12, 6 cymbals (5 CY14, 1 CY15), 2 Pintech Dingbats all on a Gibraltar rack, thru a Simmons DA200S
    VExpressions Gigging Kits & Top 50 Drummers #1

A-set : 1968 Ludwig Hollywood in Burgundy Sparkle

Formatting will only recreate the folders. (iirc) Regardless, you don't want to lose your update files in the root folder. It allows you to remove the board later if you need to and still have a functional module. The file should be available on Roland's website regardless.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

i am keeping mine intact. i have about a dozen 32 meg cf cards laying around.
      Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I don't see why you would ever need the two upgrade files from the root folder again; unless you intend to remove and then re-install the TDW-20 board, or to remove it and sell it with the installation CF card.

Roland suggests moving the installation files to a PC so that the CF card can be used: FAQ: How do you install the TDW-20 to the TD-20?

I don't think the version 2.01 files are available from any Roland site, and they may never be as they're only required as part of the TDW-20 upgrade.

Bruce

Comment

I formatted the card after the upgrade. I moved the files off to a secure location on my network if for some reason I'd ever need them again. I also had a recent backup of my TD-20 that I copied back to the card so I could access my old sets after the upgrade.

It was painless and easy.

Comment

Welcome to the forum T R J!

I've kept the Roland CF card as I've got a couple of smaller capacity cards I was using before the upgrade and I read somewhere here that larger CF cards take longer for the module to access.

Comment

Working...
            X