Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm A Dummie, Please Help Me!!! [Alesis DM5]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm A Dummie, Please Help Me!!! [Alesis DM5]

I have an Alesis DM5 kit (not the pro edition)
    I have been trying to set it up after about a year of not using it.
    The brain turns on, yet the info screen doesn't light up although it still functions.
    I have plugged in all the pads and tried different combinations yet I get nothing when striking them.
    The preview and demo make the correct noise however.

All I can add is that I'm using a non Alesis power supply, as I lost the 1 supplied with kit.

Thanks so much for reading and if you cannot help then please point me the direction of someone/somewhere you know who can.

All the best

the power supply is your problem
    the one you have is probably an AC to DC the DM5 uses a AC to AC power supply
    I had the same issue
    I ended up getting an AC to AC power supply from Radioshack that had the correct rating for the DM5 and because it didnt have the right plug cutting the plug off it and soldering on one that did fit, works great still working to this day ( nearly 2 years since i did it) not that i use that module much these days.

you can always buy a new alesis power supply i think the correct one is the P3 9 VAC

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...rel?sku=331300

Comment

You are an absolute diamond.
      Thank you very much.

Comment

Wow, Drknite, you don't waste any time, do you? Don't you know you are supposed to make the obligatory posts about headphones, amps, and sticks before you start answering questions?

Comment

Been building e-kits for years and have been lurking on here for a few months now just checking it out thought it was about time to help my fellow drummer out a little.

ok so lets get those headphone, amp and stick questions out the way shall we

i need an amp that goes to 11 anyone know of a good one?
          which side of my head does the head phone with the L go?
          what comes after 3?
          and lastly is there anyway i can stop snapping my sticks on my cymbals and smacking the singer in the back off the head with bit that came off, he got angry last time

there the status quo is balanced and the universe is in harmony again, not that i can carry a note in a bucket being a drummer so what would i know of harmony

Great to be be here and glad to be of service.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
            Wow, Drknite, you don't waste any time, do you? Don't you know you are supposed to make the obligatory posts about headphones, amps, and sticks before you start answering questions?
            ...so.... what's the answer?

LOL

E
            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
            X