Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-105 Rim Trigger Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-105 Rim Trigger Location

I'm looking into my REALLY bad snare hot spot on my TD9-KX (Yes, I have read the thread, done the tweaks and still it sucks). I figured I would have a look under the hood to see if everything looked OK.

This is how the rim trigger is attached to the basket! Is this normal?? It is just sitting there holding on by it's double sided tape.

To me it should be stuck to the bottom, in the circle that looks like it is meant for it.

Phil.
    Attached Files
    TD9-KX, VH-11, HPD-10, DW 5000 hardware

Rock Band 2 & Guitar Hero WT(Xbox), Midi Rocker

Yes, it should be in the center; and judging by the slight mark, it was there at one time. Perhaps it got dislodged and repositioned by a jolt during transport?

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce.

The Xstick-to-RimShot interval is now much better defined (not that I am a big rim shot user).

On a side note, after re-assembly and tightening the heck out of the head, the hot spot did improve. It is now no longer a full-volume-nickel-spot, but rather a bit-louder-quarter-zone.

Phil.
      TD9-KX, VH-11, HPD-10, DW 5000 hardware

Rock Band 2 & Guitar Hero WT(Xbox), Midi Rocker

Comment

Working...
      X