Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for someone going away from his kit for a month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for someone going away from his kit for a month

Well like the subject line says I need some help AGAIN...

So I will be leaving my kit for a month and bring it is not an option, i wish it was. I was thinking Practice pad, is that the best idea?

Sounds like a plan. I used to have a brilliant one called "The Limpet", that, as it's name suggests, sticks to any flat surface by suction.
    Not sure if it's still made now though.

Comment

Yes, maybe get two and a stand for one of them. Put the little one on the stand (use it as a Hihat), the other one put it in a table or drum throne or whatever (snare), and tap your foot on the floor... now you have a two piece set. All get the book Stick Control (amazon, less than $10) and practice your rudiments!

My eDrums thread

My acoustic drums

Comment

Awesome, just thought I would ask the ppl from the almight board. I think I will use the two pad idea,

Comment

Take a look at this little lot, some good ideas there. The knee one looks innovative, saves bruises too!

http://www.corporatestix.co.uk/ShopF...ds/cat_11.html

Comment

Bring an mp3 player and no sticks. Sometimes being away from drums can bring some freshness to your playing. Roy Haynes said that he only practiced on the bandstand; instead, he practiced in his head. Do alot of listening and thinking about rhythms and I guarantee you will improve.
            Lou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GsB530PL5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEope5aaDnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BCo3...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRjIf...e=channel_page

Comment

Will you have power where you go? An SPD-20 and a pair of h/phones is a lot of fun.

Comment

if I had $600 I would but I do not so I will stick to a practice pad

Comment

Well, when I read your post, I thought you were talking about protecting the kit while you were away, so...

-Unplug the module to protect it from a power spike (lighting strike).
                  -If you have cats, secure any dangling cords.
                  -Protect the kit (especially the module) from temperature and humidity extremes.
                  -Cover the kit with a dropcloth of some sort.
                  -Draw the shades to thwart prying eyes.

If you are of the obsessive-compulsive type, disassemble the kit - every nut, bolt, screw, and lug, placing each piece in an individually labelled bag. Place the bags in hermetically sealed containers (also labelled) and stack those containers in columns of equal height in a room dedicated to that purpose. Be sure to assemble a catalog that notes the row and column in which the bin that holds a particular item can be found. You might wish to videotape the disassembly process to ensure proper re-assembly.

Have fun!

BTW, where are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
                    Well, when I read your post, I thought you were talking about protecting the kit while you were away, so...

-Unplug the module to protect it from a power spike (lighting strike).
                    -If you have cats, secure any dangling cords.
                    -Protect the kit (especially the module) from temperature and humidity extremes.
                    -Cover the kit with a dropcloth of some sort.
                    -Draw the shades to thwart prying eyes.

If you are of the obsessive-compulsive type, disassemble the kit - every nut, bolt, screw, and lug, placing each piece in an individually labelled bag. Place the bags in hermetically sealed containers (also labelled) and stack those containers in columns of equal height in a room dedicated to that purpose. Be sure to assemble a catalog that notes the row and column in which the bin that holds a particular item can be found. You might wish to videotape the disassembly process to ensure proper re-assembly.

Have fun!

BTW, where are you going?
                    Make sure the room is protected by a Halon Gas system, like you have for server rooms.

Comment

2 words :Moon Gel!

They make a great practice pad that really helps strengthen the forearm/wrist etc. Like practicing on a pillow...minus the big fluffy pillow.

E
                      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X