Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD12 Broken Crash2 Jack (not triggering properly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD12 Broken Crash2 Jack (not triggering properly)

Hiya all, had my TD12 module a while now but just replaced the rest of the kit for a Jobeky kit so when it arrived I noticed something wasn't right. Now before the swap I noticed that the old cymabls wouldn't trigger occasionally (pretty rare) so when the Jobeky kit arrived I tested each input on the TD12 (single pad used just moved it from input to input with the power off during move) and I found that the Crash2 Jack/imput isn't triggering very well (maybe 1 hit per 5-8 triggers).

Now I'm HOPING it's just the jack (easy to replace - just a bit of soldering) but does anyone know the type of jack they use so I can buy a new one or is it a standard stereo jack that can be bought from anywhere?

If it's not the jack does anyone know how long it takes Roland to repair a module?

It's out of it's warranty too so I'm happy taking it apart and having a play.

Ta!............................................... .....IanH
    sigpic

Before arranging a repair, you could check the trigger type set for the Crash 2 input or perform a factory reset.

Brice

Comment

Hiya Brice - I'd already gone through those during the test which is why I'd narrowed it down to hardwqare but thanks for the reply.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IanH View Post
        Hiya Brice - I'd already gone through those during the test which is why I'd narrowed it down to hardwqare but thanks for the reply.
        Sometimes it isn't necessary to change the jack out all together. If you are going to open up your TD-12, first check to make sure the solder joint just didn't break loose. If it did, you can just touch it with a soldering iron and be good to go. I can't tell you how many times with electronics in general that a solder joint just cracked or broke. Just re-melt the solder and you are done.

or maybe you just need to clean out the jack. It doesn't hurt to try that first since it is easy to do. Start with the easy and work your way up.
        alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Working...
        X