Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-20 midi question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ru5150
    replied
    Ding!

This sounds like the right direction. Let me try it. I gather alot of people don't use the TD-20 as a sound module?

Originally posted by BarT View Post
    OK; I assume then that you want to trigger TD-20 sounds via MIDI In to the module?

MIDI notes can only be triggered if assigned to inputs (head or rim) of the current kit, or to one of the 128 instruments in the current percussion set.

So if you only need one or two "extras", you could use an unused rim (like the kick rim); assign a hi-hat sound there (INST, LIST, H & R, RIM) then Note No. 0 for C1 (INST, CONTROL, MIDI).

But if you want to assign a whole bunch of note numbers in addition to those used in the current kit, then you need to assign instruments in a user (6-8) percussion set (PATTERN, PART, PERC, EDIT, LIST) to one of the 128 note numbers there; which would be triggered on Channel 11 by default, but could be changed to Channel 10 if the numbers used don't conflict with the kit.

Please ask again if this is still not quite what you want to do, or if it's not clear.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    OK; I assume then that you want to trigger TD-20 sounds via MIDI In to the module?

MIDI notes can only be triggered if assigned to inputs (head or rim) of the current kit, or to one of the 128 instruments in the current percussion set.

So if you only need one or two "extras", you could use an unused rim (like the kick rim); assign a hi-hat sound there (INST, LIST, H & R, RIM) then Note No. 0 for C1 (INST, CONTROL, MIDI).

But if you want to assign a whole bunch of note numbers in addition to those used in the current kit, then you need to assign instruments in a user (6-8) percussion set (PATTERN, PART, PERC, EDIT, LIST) to one of the 128 note numbers there; which would be triggered on Channel 11 by default, but could be changed to Channel 10 if the numbers used don't conflict with the kit.

Please ask again if this is still not quite what you want to do, or if it's not clear.

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 12-08-08, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ru5150
    replied
    Well...not exactly

I don't want to trigger two sounds with the same trigger. I'm just using the midi interface at the moment. I just want to be able to put a certain sound at a specific midi note. For example how do I put a high hat a C1. I

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    You want two sounds at one time from the same pad, so you're really asking if you can assign a second MIDI note to a single trigger?

Not directly, but you can use a pattern to trigger a second MIDI note and sound assigned to the kick rim:

TDW-20: Pattern 150 LayerKickRim (using a user pattern if you don't have a TDW-20).

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• ru5150
    started a topic TD-20 midi question

TD-20 midi question

Hi everyone. I have a TD-20 question.

I want to add a specific instrument to a midi note (perhaps to one that is currently unassigned). Say for example to have two high hats on different midi notes. Can I do it?

Note: I don't want to change the midi note assigned to an instrument that already has a midi not assigned.
Working...
X