Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good bass kick? [TD-6V]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bass kick? [TD-6V]

Hello everyone, I am dreaming of getting v expressions soon but so far no can do. My favorite band is Thrice and I have been dissapointed with the bass kicks on the TD-6v. Anyone have good suggestions for what they use?

Also...I have 2 crashes and a ride and am looking for good cymbal settings as well...any ideas?

Comment

Hi xthRic3,

The TD-6V has some really good sounds in it - you just need to tweak them a bit.

Try listening to the song you want to play and just play the kick - cycle through the options on your TD-6V and find the one that sounds closest then adjust it.

From memory the studio kicks were pretty easy to get to sound good - add a bit of bottom end to them and a bit of reverb or ambience to make them sound bigger.

For your cymbals the rides I remember the ones with x- in the name gave you a bell sound when stuck harder - if you boost the high frequencies you'll make them sound a bit brighter. The fast or quick crashes with a bit more top end were good too.

The Rosewood toms with studio kick for a round, warm sound and a full Oak kit for a more ringy (concert tom like) sound are good.

Comment

thanks hercules!

Comment

Working...
        X