Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion to Moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion to Moderator

How about having sections for the diffirent drum modules that people are using for example TD-12 USERS SECTION TD-20 USERS SECTION TD-9 USERS SECTION Etc, Etc
    Thanks

This would really keep things easy for lookup.
    Last edited by NO RYTHEM; 12-01-08, 08:16 PM.

I second that suggestion.

Comment

... and then put out a call for moderator/specific td owners per related section?

Their job to keep the sections trimmed and tidy - just a small job! lol

Charly

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41835

Comment

Not a bad idea... a LOT of work to setup (moving all the old threads), but not a bad idea.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Can I be the devil's advocate on this idea?

Segregating by module could reduce the amount of cross-pollinization of ideas and suggestions that goes on here. I mean a lot of settings on one module apply to another when dealing with many common audio issues. I know that if I saw a TD-20 "section", I'd never go in there (kinda how I no longer go into the TDW-20 thread). And that would mean legions of edrummers would potentially lose out on helpful info.

Of course the way it's setup now, if somebody titles a subject "TD-20 Settings help", I almost never read it....unless it's a really slow day so perhaps I'm full of hoooey here.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
            Segregating by module could reduce the amount of cross-pollinization of ideas and suggestions that goes on here.

EXACTLY what I was thinking...
            You think there's a lot of "That subject has been discussed before, please use the search....." now, then just wait until this forum is all split up among modules.
            I foresee a terrible mess.

What I DO think might be helpful is a sticky for each module and in each would be links to various pertinent threads.

Comment

I had another thought on this that dovetails into your comments.

The questions regarding any given module could be....technical....on stage....monitors. I think you get the idea. For example, I might not know much about the details on a TD20 (that's what Bruce is here for), I can answer questions about mixing boards or monitors and PA systems. Somebody using a TD20 would post such a question in the "TD20 section" and me and perhaps many other people would never bother to look.

I agree that work needs to be done in terms of either "stickying" a topic that contains answers (or links to answers) to questions that are endlessly asked in here. I started that over the weekend with the hotspot sticky. Along with headphones, we've got two things covered. I've been meaning for over a year to do one on PAs and mixers.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I've only been here for a few weeks, but I completely agree with grog and Colquhoun on this. It seems that the theory behind a majority of this stuff is universal across the different modules. The differences seem to lie in exactly which buttons you push to get to a setting or what it's called (assuming your module supports it). The only place where it seems like it would make sense to break things up by module is the Custom Kits section, and then even there I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

Comment

The only problem is, that even with a sticky for headphones, the tdw, whatever, the same questions get asked...people dont think to check the forum's thread list before they ask, let alone use the search engine....and one of the problems with using the s.e. is that there are so many different threads about popular subjects, that you dont know where to start...so it becomes easier just to ask again...
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

saku:

Hence why we're talking about (and I've been thinking about) making the attempt to consolidate in one thread, the better posts and information about Subject A or Subject B and making them a sticky.

That way, sure, the usual lazy bastards who's time is sooooooooo precious can pop in here and have their first post be "I don't have time to search in here, can somebody tell me the best sub-woofer to buy?", then all we have to do is point them to the sticky. Of course I'd also add some snarky comment about how hard it must have been to miss such a sticky.

It's "simply" a question of somebody taking the time to UTFSE to find links, do some consolidation work in the post itself and wah lah, an instant easy link for the subject at hand.

For example, the hotspot one I did was in Technical, makes sense. The PA/Monitor one I've been wanting to do would go in On Stage. The myriad "which module is 'better'" threads could go into Products, and so on.

Comment

We could then have a Hart section and a Roland section.

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
                        That way, sure, the usual lazy bastards who's time is sooooooooo precious can pop in here and have their first post be "I don't have time to search in here, can somebody tell me the best sub-woofer to buy?", then all we have to do is point them to the sticky. Of course I'd also add some snarky comment about how hard it must have been to miss such a sticky.
                        Not that he's bitter about it or anything.
                        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

"How about having sections for the diffrent drum modules that people are using for example TD-12 USERS SECTION TD-20 USERS SECTION TD-9 USERS SECTION Etc, Etc Thanks This would really keep things easy for lookup."

Don't do it! That's how it's set-up at the Ydrums site

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Actually, I like the idea WW
                          TD-20exp module/TD-10exp * VH-12 hh * Gibraltar hh stand * 4 Hart Hammers * 2-22" kicks w/Pintech triggers & Blastech mesh * 1-14" snare w/Pintech triggers & Hart mesh *2-10", 2-12" & 2-14" roto toms w/Quartz triggers & Hart mesh * 7 PCY-150 cymbals

Comment

Hey Guys

The main reason here is why read through a bunch of stuff on a (TD-3) when I am having problems with a (TD-9).
                            I for one, am still learning this equipment and having a section that pertains to what other people are using (TD-9) really makes it much user friendly.

This way I can ask people who are using what I am using and they and I know that if you push button (A) this is what is going to happen, instead of well my module does it this way so try it, wala, you just erased your module memory. It also keeps the topic at hand when dealing with certain modules. It just makes sence.
                            Last edited by NO RYTHEM; 12-01-08, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Well, um, how about just an FAQ sticky for each of the more common modules? And an "Other Modules FAQ" for the less common? That way, if your question is *specific* to a particular module, you have a better chance of finding what you want.
                              Still miss you baby, but my aim's gettin' better...

Comment

Working...
                              X