Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need some imput form da'boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some imput form da'boys

any of you guys use(or have used)the mackie 1402 vlz pro.......
    1 did ya like it
    2 are the mic pre's as good as the say?(vocals manly)
    3 durable or what.
    4 the main thing is it looks perfect for a trio of bass drums and guitar.

the raves i've heard on some boards and articles just don't match the price.i'm always get a bit of the "too good to be true"syndrome.your imput as usual, is valued.i've come to dig some of the well thought out responses.thanks in advance.
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

I have the 1202, which is basically the same as the 1402 but with less channels. Like it? Yes. Works great for my measly 4 outs from the TD-8 plus one or two for guitar and bass if needed. Durable? Yup. Seems rock solid. Perfect for a trio? Absolutely. Mic preamps? Can't comment on that, cause I have never really tried it.
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

looking good so far......and thanks..........harlock,my buddy has a behringer and has had it since he was 41/2 months old...hehe.it has held up fine.another friend has an old studio master.hopefully theres a few here who used the pre's.i need all the advantage i can obtain when it comes to singing .ahh if i were in a funk band i could use a vocoder on every song.i'd be known as drumming robotguy
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

You said gaggle.
        V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

DFX-6

I recommend the DFX series from Mackie. I'm not sure if they're available world-wide. I bought mine a few months ago for $279. It has great features, including an 5-band eq and an onboard effects processor. It's lightweight and sounds great.

Comment

i like the word gaggle.as in "A GAGGLE OF GIRLS." anyway,thanks for the info.as usual,plenty of it.i'm perusing ebay,and doing the wifes biding till i'm ready to buy.we drummers are a resourceful lot eh?

Comment

thanks feef.ya i've been eyeing the vlz pros mainly.i currently use the inputs on my 1824cd to run the v's thru.no complaints there.however.i've recently accepted the fact that i'm probably not going to find that "guy" whose gonna run with my lyrics.so i'm gonna(gulp)step up to the mic.also i've got a few more fools who wonna jam at the house.so the imputs will help.the pre's are for the vocals mainly.i've even been able to get decent results on an acoustic guitar.but i'm starting to realize the pre's(atleast for me)are gonna be a necessity vocally.jeez,would'nt it be nice to be born with van the mans voice?some of us gotta work a bit harder i suppose.but if anyone here hears me starting to sing marbly mouthed(see creed)shoot me please.lol.

Comment

I have the 1202 also and love it. Great little board for mixing the drums. Don't know about the pre mic's because I don't use them but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

ya i've heard that over there at the planet.i'ts kinda what got me thinking about it.pretty good board over there.if you can avoid AL.lol what a strange fellow.

Comment

Gravey, my main man. What up? ok, enough of that.

Anyway, I've used a Mackie 1402 for a year now for my little cover band in florida. Let me tell you it has lived up to its name more than i ever thought possible. in fact, now i use it as my main mic pres for my acoustic drums in my studio. (8 drum mics, 6 into 1402, the overheads into my digi 001 front preamps)

1 did ya like it

What an impressive little box!!

2 are the mic pre's as good as the say?(vocals manly)

Beautiful on it all. Even though, you can go out and spend buttloads of money on nicer ones, i dont believe the sound difference is worth my money!

3 durable or what.

I'm not suggesting this, but you could put in one of those styrofoam coolers and toss it down the stairs and it would work just fine. its taken quite a beating over the last year, and it works just as it did when i first got it.

4 the main thing is it looks perfect for a trio of bass drums and guitar.

yes. it is.

hope that helps. drop me a line or email me if you have any more questions. Aight bro? Peace.
                    The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

Comment

cool.......thanks again.i'm still working on the wifey and the mates.don't ya just love this place?.ask anything and ya get an answer or 2 or 3 or4 or5.....just love it.

HIT DRUM HARD...
                      Attached Files

Comment

thats not your kit is it? jesus!
                        The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

Comment

i don't know whos it is.harlock posted it in a link to some coverings.he might know.

Comment

Working...
                          X