Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting Roland v-drum on other rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Roland v-drum on other rack?

Hi,

I have a rack from DD505. Will Roland's mounting clamps fit? Does anyone know? And I heard that Roland's cymbal holders are expensive. Are there alternatives?

Thanks
    --
    John
    My compact kit.

Most standard racks, Roland's included, use 1.5" tubing. The parts are fairly interchangeable.

I use Gibraltar parts for my cymbals. They work a treat.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi sciomako,

The Gibraltars are a bit cheaper than the Roland and by the accounts of the guys on the forum are stronger. I'm quite happy with the Roland ones, but I don't move my kit out of the studio......

An alternative is to look for a second hand Roland rack - I got a MDS-6C rack for $100 and it had 7 clamps and 2 cymbal arms with it......much cheaper option if you can find one.....

Comment

Thanks, Michael & Hercules.

2nd hand Roland racks don't surface very often on ebay...
        My compact kit.

Comment

Hercules,

Apart from ebay, are there other venues I can find 2nd hand v-drum stuff in Melbourne?
          My compact kit.

Comment

Hi sciomako,

Try the Weekly Trading Post (online) - there are often some really good bargains in the musical instrument section. But you do generally have to go to the seller in person and pay cash.

Comment

Working...
            X